Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Knowledge is power, lets share it!  (Read 148 times)

Offline Isabeau

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Knowledge is power, lets share it!
« on: March 08, 2014, 03:58:44 PM »
Hey guys!
I am currently dealing with a small anxiety set back, and I find that something that really helps with anxiety, is learning about it! Thats just my personal opinion, but reading and watching movies about anxiety and its symptoms has really helped me understand the ``disorder``, making they symptoms less mysterious and threatening, therefore removing this damaging idea that I had that i was suffering from a terrible and mysterious illness that was incurable. The more I know about it, the less i`m afraid about it and the more relaxed and hopefull I feel! So I am sure we have all read books on the subject that helped, as well as watched movies or documentaries, so lets share them! I`ll start!

-My all time favorite: Hope and Help for your nerves from Claire Weekes. I find it really explains all the anxiety symptoms, the habits and behavior we get from them, as well as useful tips on how to overcome them.
- An other good one: Full Catastrophe living from Jon Kabat-Zinn
-An excellent movie on depersonalization that helped me a lot, in fact im pretty sure this symptom started to diminish after watching it (Now I don`t ever have it anymore!): Numb (2007) with Mathew Perry.

Your turn guys!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nann James

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Knowledge is power, lets share it!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 08:27:27 PM »
- An other good one: Full Catastrophe living from Jon Kabat-Zinn

I love that one too. Another good one is "the power of now" not specifically about anxiety but... so much good about it .
Bookmark and Share

Tags: