Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Celexa  (Read 98 times)

Offline jayorz128

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Celexa
« on: March 07, 2014, 11:22:22 PM »
My Dr just recently prescribed me Celexa and Klonopin for my anxiety issues. I was told not to take the Klonopin everyday and he also told me he wouldn't give me another Rx for it once it's gone since it's so addictive. My parents also warned me to use it only when absolutely necessary. So anyways I've been taking the Celexa for about 4 days now and last night I woke up scared to death like I had a bad nightmare. I couldn't remember the dream so I doubt it was a nightmare. I had a horrible time falling back to sleep. Now I'm kind of afraid to sleep tonight for fear of it happening again. I'm considering stopping it since I'm leery of taking antidepressants to begin with. Has anyone else had something like this happen to them? Could it just have been my anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hales91

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Celexa
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 12:03:17 AM »
After debating for several MONTHS on whether I actually wanted to start Celexa, I finally did. The first week for me was pretty bad but not nearly as bad as the anxiety. My anxiety did increase the first week or so and it did give me nightmares where I woke up in the middle of the night with a panic attack praying for daylight. But after that first week, things got so much better. The decision is ultimately yours but I think you should try to at least ride it out for a few weeks and if it's still causing you issues then speak to your doctor :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: