Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: als worries/atrophy  (Read 160 times)

Offline willowmina

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
als worries/atrophy
« on: March 07, 2014, 09:54:24 PM »
Hi im new to this site and I'm not sure if Im posting right, so i guess Ill find out :). A little about me, Im a 32 year old women who just had a baby 11 months ago and have been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks since I can remember. Over the years I have been able to control it and feel fine but every once in awhile I get obsessed with the thoughts that I'm dying. Most recently, the past couple months ive noticed that im losing alot of weight and pretty fast, also seems like my muscles are deteriorating (the best way to describe it). Mind you I am still nursing my 11 month old and I know I dont eat properly. But I still cant seem to believe that is the cause of this. I have so many symptoms. My limbs feel weak, my neck feels weak like I can feel the muscle is gone and all I can feel is the tendons, My one arm looks smaller than the other, my knees ankles hips shoulders all are boney. So of course I went to google and typed in my symptoms and the first things that come up is ALS. So now im terrified and truley believe this is what i have. I obsess over looking things up online (which is how i came across this site) and all my symptoms pont to that or something else to say im dying. I went to the drs and she has done a lot of blood work which always comes back normal, she said she thinks my weight loss is coming from me not eating enough and still nursing and that she thinks alot of my symptoms are anxiety. Now part of me says Ive been doing this my whole life going back and fourth on having different diseases so It more than likley is anxiety but then the other part says no this feels different and what if this time im right. Im just getting so frustrated that I cant just think the logical reason for my symptoms are just having a baby and probably not eating enough and why i always assume im dying. Especially this being one of the happiest times in my life having my son. So I dont know I just wanted to see if anyone has had similar symptoms and it turned out they wernt dying lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline jayorz128

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: als worries/atrophy
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 10:54:24 PM »
If you can hold your baby and pick him/her up then odds are you don't have ALS. The most common first symptom of ALS is not being able to button a shirt or dropped foot (meaning your leg cannot lift your foot off the ground so it drags). I'm going through pretty bad anxiety right now and I've lost 40 pounds in about 4 months.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: