Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: My symptoms won't go away :(  (Read 296 times)

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My symptoms won't go away :(
« on: March 07, 2014, 03:23:17 PM »
So now I'm 6 weeks preg and my symptoms are still here and driving me crazy. My symptoms are sweating at night for 4 months and itching off and on for 3. I went to my GP a couple weeks ago and I was very upset and asked him why I still have these issues. He knows from my many visits to him that I fear lymphoma. He has felt for nodes all over and done exams over and over too and says they are fine. I do have 2 pea sized nodes in my groin I worry about....

I had a full abdominal ultrasound of pancreas, spleen, stomach, liver, kidneys, etc about 3 months ago. Chest X-ray in December. I've had thyroid blood tests, blood blood panel 6 months ago, and most recently a couple weeks ago, my doctor ordered a specialized test that supposedly shows lymphoma markers. It was testing uric acid and lactate dehydrogenase. It came back completely normal. He called an oncologist while I was at the office to consult with her since I was so worried and he doesn't know what to do with me anymore since he's run some tests already. And all the tests he knows to do. The onco recommended that test and said since I preg all that she ca do for me right now is a bone marrow biopsy, which I feel I kind of extreme. :/ I feel like surely I could get an MRI of my neck and groin or something. MRI is not harmful during pregnancy I've heard. I just don't know where to go from here because the further I get into pregnancy the more scared I get. If I get diagnosed later then I might not survive and my child surely won't either. After my last blood test, my doc never called me back to come back in. Why isn't he worried about my symptoms and trying to get the bottom of it? They won't leave and the sweating got worse when I stopped my bc. My OB/gyn says she will run tons of blood tests for me next week for my peace of mind. I just don't know what to do....
Bookmark and Share

Offline floridaguy65

• Rec's: 174
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My symptoms won't go away :(
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 03:47:41 PM »
You're preggos. Congrats!:)

You had the med testing....all comes back OK.

To me, time to move away from medical intervention and focus on your anxiety. What do you do for your anxiety? Now and in the past.

Of course, being pregnant brings in other worries, as well, as you have another person's well-being to consider. But, that said, being pregnant you are getting wonderful medical attention and care, I'm sure. And, again, you have had some serious medical intervention, to date, and it's all good outcomes.

Your symptoms can absolutely be driven majorly by anxiety / panic / worry / stress and fear. Night sweating from lymphoma is most often described as total drenchings....not 'dampness'. Itching is common from an over stressed nervous system.

I know it's tough....VERY tough right now. Accepting medical testing outcomes and believing what our Docs tell us is one of the most challenging things for an HA person, when really struggling. It is one of the most common hallmarks of our disorder.

What are your 'go to' habits, actions and techniques for reducing some anxiety?

There is always hope and help:)

Peace and Feel Well:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 08:07:58 PM »
I've been taking lexapro 10mg for 3 months. I was seeing a therapist in December and I'm going back at the soonest I could get an appt on March 25th.
I just wonder more if things like not being hungry for certain things is lack of appetite caused by lymphoma or because of pregnancy. Or maybe if i start getting tired further along into pregnancy, how do I determine whether it's preg related or diseases related? I've heard stories of women being pregnancy and thinking the symptoms they we're having were just pregnancy symptoms when in reality it was lymphoma symptoms.

This is my issue, I just want to completely rule out lymphoma, and that hasn't happened yet. I haven't had a lymph node biopsy of the two pea sized nodes in my groin. That could be where the lymphoma is.
I sweat pretty much every night, and while it's not drenching, it makes me very damp most of the time. My doc said to take my temp when I woke up and it's always like 97.9-98.3. Dunno what to make of it. He said if I had a fever that would be concerning but I haven't.
Doesn't change the fact I sweat so much and don't know why... It's getting worse. It's like every night. I never get a break. So bummed :(
My go to is to tell myself I've had lots of tests and they have been fine. And that the doctor isn't freaking out. Although I wish he would act a little more concerned
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 10:52:31 AM »
CanAnyone else reply plz?
Bookmark and Share

Offline bellabee

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 12:22:37 PM »
If it makes you feel any better when I was pregnant with my daughter I had sweating.. and after she was born i now tend to sweat more than i ever did before.. it was just something with my hormones and a change that made me sweat more.
For me it was a hormone issue due to the pregancy.

Bookmark and Share

Offline pb

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 12:37:32 PM »
I sweated my whole pregnancy as well. It's very common. I would wait until you have your baby to get an MRI. It's not a time to be testing like that. If dr thought it was cancer they would let you know. Blood tests are reliable. Once you get a clean MRI you will find another way to think you still have lymphoma. It's never ending. Address your anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 01:47:30 PM »
I can address my anxiety but I still have no answer as to why I've been night sweating for 4 months and it's still going!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 03:33:03 PM »
I would definitely say there's a hormonal imbalance going on - prior to pregnancy. If you've been sweating for 4 months and you had lymphoma which cause the sweating, it most DEFINITELY would've shown up on blood work. ESPECIALLY the LDH test. Night sweats, fevers, itching - all of those are called "B symptoms" in regards to lymphoma - for instance - someone who has ACTUALLY been diagnosed with lymphoma will say "I have stage IIIB lymphoma". "B symptoms" are considered to be a more advanced stage of lymphoma, which is why I say that if you had these symptoms and they were related to lymphoma, they most definitely would show up in your blood work.

I'm curious as to what your thyroid hormone levels were prior to getting pregnant. If you have hyperthyroidism, this can definitely make you sweat - regardless of time of day. At your next OB appointment, I encourage you to ask to have your thyroid levels checked. I have hypothyroidism, and although I didn't experience sweating (until postpartum - then I would sweat every night for 6 weeks!) my hormones were a roller coaster during pregnancy.

I'm almost 100% positive that you don't have lymphoma. Talk to your OB about your anxiety as well. I think being around other women who are pregnant will help. Maybe your doctor can recommend a group or social group of pregnant women who meet once a month or so, to discuss their pregnancies and symptoms. This might put your mind at ease to know that you're not alone in what you're experiencing. And believe me - there will be a ton of other symptoms coming that will make you sure you have stomach cancer (heartburn) or kidney failure (swollen ankles) or a brain tumor (balance being off) - and if you're around other pregnant women who also are experiencing those symptoms, it will help you to feel more secure in your pregnancy.

Hope I've helped. Congratulations on your beautiful bundle of joy on the way! All babies are blessings from God! Praying that you enjoy this time!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 01:19:42 PM »
Thanks so much for y'all's replies. I wish it could hormonal but my OB seems to think I probably wouldn't have gotten preg if I had hormone issues. Strange because the night sweating was lining up with the end of my cycle when it started! Now it's every night :( today I have a sharp chest pain when I breathe in on the left side of my chest. I think it's a tumor via not big enough to bother my lung :( scared
Bookmark and Share

Tags: