Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety over a friend's possible terminal cancer  (Read 160 times)

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety over a friend's possible terminal cancer
« on: March 07, 2014, 06:43:03 AM »
My friend had stage 2 breast cancer which she had a lumpectomy. She recently texted me she's having a lung biopsy. Which means the cancer could have spread to her lungs. Needless to say I'm freaking out. I had two friends who were my age who died but we were out of touch at the time. This friend we aren't as close as we used to be but we stayed in touch. I'm going to call her tomorrow but I don't know what the hell to say and my anxiety is very high right now. To make matters worse I've been suffering from early morning insomnia the last few days.

I think I need more soothing than anything else.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Katiesue04

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • You only live once!
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety over a friend's possible terminal cancer
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 02:11:35 PM »
I am sorry to hear about your friend.  I know exactly what you are going through.  Right now my coworker has a terminal illness and it so sad and scary to see him suffer.  My advice to you is take every day, day by day.  Don't worry about the next day or the day after that.  Be positive.  Try and cheer your friend up.  Send her funny jokes or just tell her a funny story.  Laughter is the best medicine and you will find it will help you to cope as well.  Live in the present and don't worry about the future because you don't have control over it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety over a friend's possible terminal cancer
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 02:37:20 PM »
she's having a lung biopsy. Which means the cancer could have spread to her lungs.

I couldn't say that cancer doesn't spread.... but I could definitely say that doctors spend a LOT of money and LOT of time just to do what they do... and they will do everything in their capability to fix what's broken. it's good to hear that she is in good hands.

If she's having a lung biopsy, it's most likely a pro-active procedure the doctors are taking. most cancers can be stopped at a point and cut out.

Breast cancer is among the highest survival rate and just the fact that she is under doctor supervision and is doing the best for herself that's the best you can do.

Show support to her. You sound like a great friend.

Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Tags: