Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Muscle twitching  (Read 245 times)

Offline jayorz128

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Muscle twitching
« on: March 06, 2014, 11:23:41 PM »
Ever since I had a bad panic attack last week I've noticed that I've been having these twitching sensations all over. My eyebrows, my legs, my fingers, you name it I will get a twitch. It only lasts a second and it doesn't come one after another. It usually happens and then will happen hours later.  Also it almost always comes when I'm sitting or lying down. I don't know if it's because I've become hypersensitive to everything that I'm just starting to notice it. I don't have any muscle weakness that I notice from it but its starting to scare me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Muscle twitching
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 11:43:20 PM »
When I was going through an intense period of anxiety a few months ago, my muscles twitched all the time. I am calmer now, and the twitching has subsided. When we are anxious, our muscles tense up without us even realizing it, causing them to fatigue and twitch. It's totally normal, and completely caused by anxiety!

Don't worry! It's nothing serious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ta5h

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 09:29:00 AM »
Well well ...You are not alone !!!! Been suffering from this since 3 years...started on the thighs..i always thought my phone was vibrating in my pockets..lol..but pretty soon spread throughout the whole body.Face,leg,neck,chest,stomach...everywhere especially in moments of stress..Been to countless doctors,neurologist...run lot of test everything normal..so got referred a psychologist..who gave me ciplamil..didnt take those..but fortunately i met a yoga acharya in india who counselled me..had a few yoga and meditation sessions...well enough to at least control my anxiety and reduce the twitches..there is nothing wrong with us except that we have to accept the fact that its due to anxiety and stress..and just carry on with life..
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2014, 10:15:56 AM »
agree with emily, it isn't serious. our bodies just overwork themselves sometimes
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 11:49:26 AM »
It is called Benign fasciculation syndrom, BFS and it is completely harmless. I have it for more than a year now on and off.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pyr

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 04:33:47 PM »
AH, the cause of my current issues!  YES.   YES.  YES.  I have been in the middle of a health crisis of since August and by January, the twitches started.  BIG time.  Then they progressed to stabbing cramping pains in my muscles at night.  Since August I have had 3 brain MRI's, MRA, EEG, EMG, Spinal Tap, so much blood work a vampire would be sick of me and not one test NOT ONE has come back abnormal.   I am depressed anxious and OCD all in one- as you all know a terrible combination.  Lexapro and Klonopin NOT working for me, in fact I started twitching after Klono.   Dr. switched me to the big guns -Prozac.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: