Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Ways to deal with Nausea?  (Read 152 times)

Offline colorlessideas

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ways to deal with Nausea?
« on: March 06, 2014, 10:54:53 AM »
I am taking antibiotics for a stomach infection and experiencing a lot of nausea and a gross metallic taste in my mouth. Does anyone have any suggestions for things I can do to help? It is making it really hard to get through the day. I just started the antibiotics and have to be on them for 2 weeks. ugh!

Thanks for your help
Bookmark and Share
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ways to deal with Nausea?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 04:00:12 AM »
Eat smaller light meals more frequently instead of big ones and drink plenty of water. Depending on the antibiotic you might be able to take an antacid such as Tums. You could try some of the anti nausea wrist bands they sell at most drug stores, their like sweat bands but have a little ball on them that applies pressure on each wrist. Their usually only like $10 and are reusable as long as you take care of them. Not sure if they actually work but I've used them a few times and they seemed to be alright but it could just be a mental thing. Also anything with ginger should help (crystallized ginger, ginger tea, ginger ale, etc.) If the nausea is really bothering you  you could talk to your doctor about it and he/she might be able to prescribe another antibiotic.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: