Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Funny HA story  (Read 205 times)

Offline Lynxana

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
Funny HA story
« on: March 05, 2014, 07:51:00 AM »
Okay so I'm sure most of you read that I'm having issues with my throat and was given an antibiotic that I've never took before. 

Had it for 5 days until after work one day my symptoms were driving me nuts!  So I decided enough Anyway I had to build up taking it to test and monitor for any side effects.  So the first time it was 100 mg and that seemed okay.  Then when I went to take a bath my stomach was beet red!  I'm thinking okay my throats not closing, I'm not itching.  This is weird. 
Bookmark and Share
I don't have issues...! I have the WHOLE subscription!

Offline Lynxana

Okay
    • Poke This Member
Re: Funny HA story
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 07:51:52 AM »
that just submitted it self... I'll start over give me a sec if anyone reads this before then...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lynxana

Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 08:05:10 AM »
Okay so I'm sure most of you read that I'm having issues with my throat and was given an antibiotic that I've never took before. 

Had it for 5 days until after work one day my symptoms were driving me nuts!  So I decided enough was enough!  Anyway I had to build up taking it to test and monitor for any side effects.  So the first time it was 100 mg and that seemed okay.  Then when I went to take a bath my stomach was beet red!  I'm thinking okay my throats not closing, I'm not itching.  This is weird. My family talked me down, I went for the bath and it just went away after a few moments no big deal.  The next day i increased my dosage to half a pill and then another half later.  All was good. 

When i went to work I tried my first full pill and 30 minutes went by no problem.  And just because I am a glutton for punishment I went in the bathroom and checked my stomach.  It was beet red AGAIN!  I freaked out, looked at my boss told him we had to call the pharmacy right away and see if this is normal!!!  He fumbled around trying to find the number I got fed up and my anxiety was going nuts!  I called the paramedics JUST IN CASE! 

So they get there... I'm in the back we're all looking at this and no one can say what the hell it is.  They say they've never seen this before.  I'm thinking Oh man.... What's going on with me.  I'm having a weird abnormal reaction to this medicine. 

We decided that I'm probably okay.  At least I'm not having an allergic reaction.  So I go back into work and look at it and worry all night.  I even showed some of my co-workers and they had no idea what to think.  I decide screw it I'll take it tomorrow and see what happens.  Again everything is okay....

Now I'm thinking all kinds of things.  It's only happening at work.  Maybe something I'm allergic to there... You know how it goes all kinds of things entered my mind. 

Anyway the next day I noticed a stain in my shirt and went to see if I could scrub it out.  As soon as it hit the water this red dye comes pouring out like blood it was so much and so red!  I started laughing so hard.  I had still been worried about it and here it was red dye from my shirt was dyeing my skin and it looked so legit even the paramedics were stumped! 

I picked my jacket that I had worn and it to was covered in this red dye...

Lol it just goes to show you how paranoid my HA makes me and it was nothing at all  :happy0151:

Just thought I'd share that  :happy0151: I'll never live this down at work.  I was sssssooooo dramatic about it.  I had to tell them though. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 09:28:01 AM »
I love it!!!!   I feel I am not so alone with things like that!   LOL!  I do things like that all the time.   I have anxiety with my eyes and I was walking into the grocery store and saw this fluttering up in my peripheral vision, oh no!  Not another vitreous detachment!  Flutter, shadow, flutter, all the while.  I couldn't concentrate, forgot half of what I wanted to buy... got in the car and looked at my face - there was a piece of fuzz stuck on my eyelash!  It would move when I'd walk or if the wind would hit my face!

I have several others, though not as good as yours  :laugh3:  (that would scare me too!!)
Bookmark and Share

Offline floridaguy65

• Rec's: 174
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 09:39:44 AM »
Ha! Thanks for sharing. Amazing what HA / ADs can do to our minds and how it can so affect our reactions!:)

We have to laugh at this stuff, sometimes.....or we may ACTUALLY go crazy (not really, tho:) I still smile, at myself, when I think back many years and remembering me sitting down at a table with a road map figuring out all the routes to get to the area's surrounding hospitals (ERs). Traffic contingency plans!:)

Of course, it's not funny when our lives get hammered by anxiety. That's why we're here and that's why we are learning how to best help ourselves:)

Bookmark and Share

Offline Lynxana

Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 08:42:04 PM »
 :laugh3: @Sunlover:  you know that's funny I had a vitreous detachment scare a few months back.  I am extremely paranoid about my eyes as well so I know exactly how you feel!  What's funny about it though is what I thought were new floaters and lines were my eyelashes!  Of course I was also having light spots and stuff like that as well.  I figured it was the low light of my room and started turning on the overhead light.  About a week later they left.   :P

Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 08:55:38 PM »
Similar thing happened to me. I thought I had some weird foot fungus. It was caked on dye from black socks!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: