Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Abdominal pain - can anyone relate?  (Read 181 times)

Offline LonesomeGeorge

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Abdominal pain - can anyone relate?
« on: March 04, 2014, 05:19:11 PM »
For the past few days I've had a very annoying bout of middle-and-lower abdominal pain, both a dull pain and a stabbing pain. It comes and goes seemingly randomly, some days worse, some days better. Today is not a good day (hence this post) :(

I seem to have no other symptoms - no vomiting, (almost) no nausea. I'm neither constipated nor do I have diarrhea, though my stool is not normal. I don't think I have blood in my stool. I don't think I have a fever, either. My appetite is normal. I have a background of panic disorder, health anxiety and digestion issues, but never to this degree.

The condition started a few months ago. I visited the doctor, run blood and stool tests, found nothing, and the condition subsided, only to reappear a few weeks ago.

I have an appointment with a family doctor in two days, but the pain is really annoying, erratic, and scary. I'm considering visiting the ER, but I wonder if that's overreacting.

So my question is - did anyone else experience similar conditions? How long did they last? What was the outcome? Does this sound serious enough to seek medical attention right now, or wait it out until Thursday?

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline terri

• love life
    • Poke This Member
Re: Abdominal pain - can anyone relate?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 10:44:52 PM »
i did about 13 years ago when i was 18. i used to go to the ER constantly [this is when i wasn't scared of doctors or hospitals, lol] and i was told that it was gas pains. they did every test known to man - even having to get dye injected into me for different scans to rule things out. but yeah - it was just gas pains.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LonesomeGeorge

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 02:07:05 AM »
Thanks for your response. How long did your pains last?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worry2Much

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 04:27:43 AM »
I have had stomach pains for the past year. I seen a GI doctor who said it was IBS without running test and/or even feeling my stomach.

The past two weeks have not been pleasant. I feel and KNOW that I am taking more in then putting out. I have a stabbing feeling on occasion in the mid upper right.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 05:18:45 AM »
You are fine to wait it out until you have a doctor appointment. The ER is not necessary, especially in this day and age, it is a waste of a copay and you don't get treatment due to how things are run. If you went to ER they would do chest xray, some bloodwork, EKG and maybe abdominal xray which shows nothing. THe only thing an abdominal xray is good for pretty much is just to show if the patient has a bowel obstruction and you don't have that. Where exactly are your pains and how long after you eat do they occur? What do you eat, how is your diet? Any recent changes in medications? How is your sleep, do you get a good night's rest?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: