Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I know we shouldn't keep running off to the doctor's but.....  (Read 412 times)

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I realize frequent doctor visits aren't constructive and just feeds our anxiety, but what about this situation?  I've had many tests for a prickly sensation I get in my leg skin, plus a surging feeling in my chest, kind of like adrenaline  (the thing is, I'm not feeling nervous when it happens) and the tests always come back normal.  It started 9 years ago after hurting my back and having a flu, simultaneously.  The symptoms have gone away twice, only to return.  This bout has been around for 3 years. 

I really don't want to run off to my doctor again, but really, what am I to do?

Any suggestions? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I know we shouldn't keep running off to the doctor's but.....
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 02:44:02 PM »
Well if it's been around for THAT long, I don't think there's any rush to go to the doctor. When's the last time you had a yearly check up? Maybe mention it to a doctor during that time, although it seems like anxiety to me. There is someone on here who has mentioned many times about your body being in an anxious state, without you feeling anxious or stressed at the present moment.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worry2Much

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I know we shouldn't keep running off to the doctor's but.....
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 03:24:00 PM »
I get this random fluttering/pulsing in my upper chest and base of throat at times and won't "feel" as though I am anxious about anything at the time.
It just happened to me last night while making dinner and the last time was a couple months ago while at the grocery store. I don't feel ill when it happens but it has made me feel spacey like I'm not really there.
Being that you've had this happen to you for over 3 years I wouldn't think it would be anything serious.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: