Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Extreme college burnout  (Read 195 times)

Offline creamcheese

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Extreme college burnout
« on: March 03, 2014, 11:06:19 PM »
I am in a six-year professional program that I joined after high school. I know it was supposed to be a big accomplishment, but I was not truly interested in my major. I did it because everybody told me it was a great program and I would have a stable job and be making a lot of money after school. It also seemed to make my parents really happy. I have interests far greater than that, but because the economy is so bad and I felt heavily guilty for not wanting to do a major everybody thought was a great program, I went with it. However, my field is also becoming heavily saturated and I wasn't able to find a job working as an intern during school. I have spent the past 2-3 years just studying forcefully without any clear goals in mind and as a result have completely exhausted myself. My room is alway messy and I have no motivation to clean it. I get constant back and shoulder pains, headaches from time to time. I feel extremely depressed on my days off and extremely sleepy and fatigued. I once used to go to the gym 5 times a week, I cannot get myself to go for months at a time now. I have had detrimental friendships during school where most, if not all, my friends would only need me to take advantage of my notes and audio lecture recordings. Because I have not had intern experience, I do not have a job waiting for me after I graduate and I feel depressed that my parents are probably disappointed at my lack of motivation and will to find a job in this field. I am considering taking a year off to clean my mind. I am 23 years old and feel like I should be working, but my mental health is becoming worse and worse. I find myself so depressed sometimes that I get crying spells.
Bookmark and Share

Offline cromptonia

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • love and then love some more
    • Poke This Member
Re: Extreme college burnout
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:34:38 PM »
You're letting others put pressure on you to much, take a break.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: