Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So what Apps are you using on your phone/tablet/pc ?  (Read 267 times)

Offline Abraham2007

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
So what Apps are you using on your phone/tablet/pc ?
« on: March 03, 2014, 05:50:55 PM »
Hello Anxiety Zone members,

Does anybody use apps on their iphone/android for mental health? 

I have a Psych Drug app.  It lists a number of medications  used for psychiatric illness. It also gives recommended dosage levels, side effects , half lives and classes.  I just review the ones I take as my part of my daily medication regimen.

Good thing with these psychiatric medicadtion apps is that I don't' have to carry any charts on ADs. Thie app gives all the information to me. :)

I've been looking for a good app that can convert antidepressant/benzodiazepines into equal dosage levels between drugs of the same family.   

If anyone has  any app suggestions, I'd love to hear them!
Bookmark and Share
Quacks prey on us Anxiety Disorder sufferers as part of the Mental Health community, since we can be desperate for healing.  Don't be victimized, instead be EDUCATED about  QUACKERY!!!!! http://www.quackwatch.com/ 

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So what Apps are you using on your phone/tablet/pc ?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 12:26:59 AM »
Very cool what's the name of the app? I made this website into like a little app by bookmarking it. Besides that I have a few relaxing anxiety apps, I'll list them below.

- calm down
- I can anxiety free
- End anxiety
- Deep relax
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 12:29:50 AM »
There's also a really good youtube channel, the women's name is Jody Whiteley, she does like sleep therapy and hypnosis. She's put me to sleep by listening to her voice, slept like a rock.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Abraham2007

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 08:47:09 AM »
 ;D  Cool.  Thanks for sharing DeLellis.   When I searched the app names from the App Store, each of them had very good reviews!     

Like you, I also have a relaxation app.    Before I sleep at night, I may play the app's relaxation music so I may calm myself from a long day.  My mind tends to get very active at night, which can affect my sleep pattern.  Other times I can just plug in my earphones at work, then tune into that relaxation app, so I can just forget anything bugging me, and allow it to just fade away.  ;D

If you search Psych Drug on a iphone/ipad, you'll see two apps on psychiatric medications.  For both apps, I did foot the .99 bill.  These two apps list a lot of psychotropic medications, and I am only concerned with a few.   However if I ever get on this site, or visit Pub Meds and get lost with all the medical names for prescription drugs, these apps come in real handy.  I can even sound impressive to my psychiatrist, since I can pull up esoteric psychiatric jargon from those apps.  LOL! 

I also have a fitness app.   Exercise tends to relax me, so I try to workout as often as I can for managing stress.  The app keeps me motivated.
 :happy0151:
'
Thanks for the YouTube channel link.  I watch a lot of goofy stuff on YouTube so I can laugh at life.   Big fan of NigaHiga and CollegeHumor.

Steve
Bookmark and Share
Quacks prey on us Anxiety Disorder sufferers as part of the Mental Health community, since we can be desperate for healing.  Don't be victimized, instead be EDUCATED about  QUACKERY!!!!! http://www.quackwatch.com/ 

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 10:14:27 PM »
My mind like yours gets a little racey at night too lol. It's good to see people using apps and technology to their advantage. I find it hard to exercise tho it seems to spike the anxiety up a bit. Def gonna check out those youtube channels, need to laugh once in a while.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 93
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 12:37:01 AM »
I find it hard to exercise tho it seems to spike the anxiety up a bit

Which is actually a good reason to do it as it will get you used to experiencing the flight-or-fight response symptoms. Just start slow and build it up gradually.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: