Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hallucination?!  (Read 149 times)

Online emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hallucination?!
« on: March 03, 2014, 01:14:36 PM »
I am really freaking out right now... Last night I was dreaming and I woke up in the middle of the night and when my eyes were still closed, I saw this strange light type thing that lit up and had a black symbol in the middle. Like a vivid image or something. I can't really explain it. But I opened my eyes and I looked at the wall and saw this weird black square with what looked like stick figure in it moving back and forth on the wall for a few seconds, then it went away.

I have no idea what the heck happened, but I'm thinking it was a hallucination. Now I am even MORE convinced I have a brain tumor. Has anyone experienced anything like this before?! I'm absolutely terrified...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hallucination?!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 02:05:43 PM »
Your brain creates images when you dream and the image just didn't fade completely right away.  It was just a vivid image that's all. 
Bookmark and Share

Online emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 02:09:43 PM »
Really? Have you experienced anything like this before???
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 02:14:48 PM »
Not exactly that (yours actually makes more sense than mine), but I play Mahjong Dark Dimensions a lot online and if I wake up during the night I will actually see the little characters on the cubes, even if I open my eyes, even if I get up and walk to the bathroom!   Mostly the purple flower.  Sometimes in rows or in different patterns.  As I get up and walk to the bathroom I will see a cube here or there! I researched that online and there's a name for it (forgot, it was a while ago when I was concerned about it).  So if I am seeing purple flowers in cubes HOURS after I play the game, then it would be obvious you'd see something that just presented itself in a dream.
Bookmark and Share

Online emily1994

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 02:18:27 PM »
I have had that happen, too! I have woken up and faintly seen the chat room on this website while my eyes were still closed!

I was dreaming about being on a snowboard going face down a hill with a bunch of people, so maybe I was seeing that?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 03:24:06 PM »
In the states of sleep and awakeness there are so many different levels of sleep. It could even be you weren't even awake at all. I've had a time where I was sleeping out in a small boonie town, and I was in the spare bedroom... When I awoke I got up to go to the bathroom. I was wide awake and I could see my living room but it was pitch black... I could see the light from my huge living room window, but it wasn't there realistically, the room was literally pitch black... I kept trying to walk to my living room glass window but I couldn't get to it, something was blocking me....

I was standing face dead center of the spare bedroom wall, but what I saw was my living room, I was frustrated and scared, why couldn't I get to the living room, there's an invisible wall blocking me. I would physically turn around... and I'm wide awake too... to head to the bathroom and I see my living room couch, and I'm walking, nothing in front of me, and I keep bumping into things (that were actually in the room) but were not in what I could see... I was visioning I was literally in my house and I was wide awake. I was so frustrated because I couldn't navigate to the bathroom or find the light switch to "my living room" because the room I was in was smaller than my actual house. for at LEAST 5 minutes I felt trapped and scared (before I even had any anxiety diagnosis, and anxiety didn't even come into play hardly)... I brought myself to realize I was 3 hours out of town in a small spare bedroom....

I mean that could be that my contacts were out and my vision was blurred because i don't remember if i had my glasses on or not, but it's crazy the power of the mind.

Considering this happened while in a sleep state, I highly doubt it's anything more than your mind in a restful state. It's part dreaming part awakeness... two separate conciousness.

Perfectly normal girlie.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 04:48:08 PM »
I have had that happen, too! I have woken up and faintly seen the chat room on this website while my eyes were still closed!

I was dreaming about being on a snowboard going face down a hill with a bunch of people, so maybe I was seeing that?

Possibly!   I mean the stick figure on a shape, could have been!  Nah, not a hallucination :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: