Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Little intro, hi  (Read 108 times)

Offline Reallyworried93

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Little intro, hi
« on: March 03, 2014, 08:05:13 AM »
Hello I am new to this forum!
Ever since I was 13 I have always been concerned over illnesses such as brain tumours and cancer! I am now 20.
But about 3 months ago I randomly had a panic attack and it's all gone downhill since there! Ever since then if I'm not worrying about getting another panic attack I'm worrying about a new 'symptom' I may have!
I even got to the point where I was concerned I may have brain tumour that is causing personality changes making me anxious! Safe to say I've got myself deeper in this!
Just feel like I need some support from people who understand my worries rather than laughing at how 'silly' I'm being!

Hope to speak to you all soon!
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Little intro, hi
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 09:32:25 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.

Possibly 10 posts to enter chat at the moment.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Lynxana

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 02:18:33 AM »
Hello,

You know I really do understand what you're going through.  Anything that goes on with my body or if I hear of a new strand of flu i am extremely jumpy and convince myself that I have whatever it is.  I have gotten really good and talking my way into medical examinations almost as if I know what to say to get what I want.  I believe my second home is the hospital.  Sad when they know you by heart and you can talk to them like you've known them for years.   :happy0151:  Anyway your story reminded me of one of my own.  I was about your age when it happened. 

I had convinced myself there was something wrong with my brain and I had a panic attack.  I told my husband that we had to go to the hospital to get a cat scan done right away!  So we went at 3 in the morning to the hospital!  Once we were in the room my anxiety was getting the best of me and I was pacing like a caged animal. 

My husband kept trying to calm me down, but it wasn't working.  Only my latch can and that was my mom at the time.  This doctor comes in and he's talking to me getting an ideal what's going on and out of the blue he says well it could be an aneurysm.  My eyes shot open wide and I immediately switched gears to 'oh no i have an aneurysm'! I started to freak out! 

Now the funny part of this was my husbands reaction to what this doctor said.  His eyes had widened and he looked MAD.  I don't think I've ever seen him that mad before.  That poor doctor had no ideal of knowing what my issues were!  My husband started screaming at this guy.  "Why would you say that to her??? Do you know how much she is going to worry about this now???  You better give her a cat scan right now before she starts having a full blown panic attack!"  I thought for sure he was going to hit him and I know the doctor did.  He muttered sorry to me and ran out of the room.  Five minutes later, I'm on the gurney to go to radiology.   :laugh3:  Oh and uh....  :laugh3: absolutely nothing was wrong!
Bookmark and Share
I don't have issues...! I have the WHOLE subscription!

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 03:55:41 AM »
Hello I am new to this forum!
Ever since I was 13 I have always been concerned over illnesses such as brain tumours and cancer! I am now 20.
But about 3 months ago I randomly had a panic attack and it's all gone downhill since there! Ever since then if I'm not worrying about getting another panic attack I'm worrying about a new 'symptom' I may have!
I even got to the point where I was concerned I may have brain tumour that is causing personality changes making me anxious! Safe to say I've got myself deeper in this!
Just feel like I need some support from people who understand my worries rather than laughing at how 'silly' I'm being!

Hope to speak to you all soon!

Hope you are well today. I've been there before as well, and it's not silly, not in the slightest. Anxiety and it's associated symptoms cuase serious life disruptions that people without anxiety can't understand. Even my own mom, who's been an RN for going on 40 years, has difficulty understanding anxiety and what I'm going through. In few words, she's told me I should just change my mind and be happy. Easier said than done, right?

THis forum is a great place to connect with others like you and me, and is a valuable resource to overcoming anxiety.

Oh, and welcome!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Reallyworried93

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 02:33:18 PM »
It's crazy what our minds can do! I feel like I'm losing it sometimes especially when the reasonable part of you knows it's in your head, anxiety can make you doubt what's real and what isn't, sometimes I even doubt the doctors as I feel they won't believe my symptoms because they know I'm anxious!
Thank you for welcoming me :) I'm already finding it so reassuring reading about people in a similar situation to me xxx
Bookmark and Share

Tags: