Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: personality changes and brain tumors  (Read 171 times)

Offline sally1959

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
personality changes and brain tumors
« on: March 03, 2014, 02:19:37 AM »
I've been going to therapy and meditating and trying to deal with my anxiety disorder/depression, my outlook on life is changes but sometimes I wonder if my new behavior is indicative of my personality reacting to therapy, or if I have a brain tumor that is causing strange behavior (and that maybe a brain tumor caused the anxiety in the first place).

For instance now that I'm not so stressed, or I have windows of time that aren't clouded in anxiety, I feel like I want to say things that I've never wanted to say before. Like the way I converse with others has changed, now I say weird things. I think people have noticed that I'm much weirder than I used to be. Sometimes I text my friends just to say "good morning" because I miss them.

Also today I was writing a paper, and I vowed to start writing the final page at 10 p.m. and finish by the end of the hour. For some reason, my brain processed the information weirdly and I thought that if I started the paper at 10, I would be able to finish the paper by 10...doesn't make sense.

Does this sound odd to you? I fear that my brain tumor anxieties are stifling my progress in therapy, that I'm hesitant to even continue with treating my anxiety/depression. It's like the better I start to feel, the worse my brain tumor fears come back and give me anxiety attacks. Any advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: personality changes and brain tumors
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 07:17:37 AM »
Not a brain tumor. Anxiety can be distracting and now that you doing things to help it, you are able to focus better on other things.
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 08:26:22 AM »
A brain tumor would present itself in far more serious ways.

Meditation will help your brain to become calm and peaceful and turn into your good friend. It is your time to be with yourself, undisturbed, in silence, with mantras or not. With patience and persistence you'll see fine results.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Reallyworried93

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 08:29:46 AM »
Ah I completely understand this!
I had a random onset of panic attacks and started feeling although it could be a brain tumour causing this increase of anxiety (personality change)
Just try to stay positive, a brain tumour would present itself in much more serious ways, other people would notice a complete change in the way you behave, not just anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: