Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: fingers swelling at night...so tired of this  (Read 184 times)

Offline ryates80

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
fingers swelling at night...so tired of this
« on: March 02, 2014, 06:06:13 PM »
I am so tired of this roller coaster and I'm just done. Something has to be wrong and sometimes I wish it would just be over. I've had anxiety for as long as I can remember but these last 2 1/2 years have been horrible. I'm 33 and I feel 63 most days. I have palpitations, pain in ribs and chest, pain in shoulders and neck, various short lived joint pain, and now every night my fingers swell slightly. Even during the day the joints feel swollen. I am completely freaking out. I figure it has to be heart or kidney failure. I've had a work up by the cardio as little as 6 months ago. They've done echo's, ekgs, monitors, stress tests and the last was a nuclear stress test. All normal. Last blood work was normal. I keep thinking of nonfatal things like fibromyalgia or arthritis which run in my family. But I always go back to heart and kidneys :( I'm even refusing to go to new York next week with my husband because I'm convinced I'm dying. I just want to live again and be happy with my husband and kids. Its not fair to me or them. I hate this!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: fingers swelling at night...so tired of this
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 06:39:07 PM »
I have no advice but I know exactly how you feel. I miss having a life. I watch my husband and son playing and cry because I want to be a part of it, but instead I'm too scared and depressed. I always think I'm having a heart attack.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ryates80

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 10:51:36 PM »
28 views and only 1 reply. Well I guess I'm the only one which just adds fuel to the fire. Off to the doctor for more tests and for them to laugh me off again I guess.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 09:35:51 AM »
Have you considered therapy or medication?  I have GAD but I also used to be a heart worrier, always checking my pulse and afraid my heart would just stop even though I am 33 and in perfect health.  I was initially resistant to the idea of meds but when my anxiety started effecting my life and marriage I decided to take the plunge.  Now I only wonder why I waited so long!  Zoloft has given me my life back (after some unpleasant start up side effects) and I feel great.  No more pulse checking, no more palpitations, no more being afraid to drive...the list goes on and on.  I know meds aren't right for everyone but they are definitely worth looking into.  It hurts me to hear that your anxiety is stealing your life so my advice is to go on the offensive.  Instead of getting tests that don't seem to be reassuring you at all try treating the root problem.  A good doc and/or a good psych can help you find the best solution for you.  Good luck and hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ryates80

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 09:22:48 PM »
Thank you for your concern. I really needed that right now. I went for my followup with the second cardiologist today and I told him about my concern over heart attack and heart failure. He looked at my tests results and assured me that I'm fine. I just don't know how to believe that when I have pains in my chest. I immediately want to run to the er when it happens but I'm still here after almost 3 years of this. I was on Zoloft for years and I never had an attack but was off and on while having kids. The last time I had a panic attack and thought the meds were causing a heart problem and quit taking them. That was over a year ago. My doc and family have been begging me to go back on it. I think I'm going to try it again. The ironic thing is that I'm a nurse, a hypochondriac nurse lol..
Bookmark and Share

Tags: