Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Fear of diabetes, please help  (Read 309 times)

Offline Yesman1234

• IN MY MIND
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • I'm me.
    • Poke This Member
Fear of diabetes, please help
« on: March 02, 2014, 12:14:59 PM »
Lately I've been feeling sharp pain in my hands and feet sometimes and my legs feel thing. I don't know it's just anxiety or should I be concerned, I checked the symptom chart. I head tingling in the feet and sharp pain could be stress injuries or nerves damage. I haven't felt like this until my anxitey came back months ago. So I was thinking it could be my anxitey

Diabetes symptom:
Urinating often Feeling very thirsty Feeling very hungry - even though you are eating Extreme fatigue Blurry vision Cuts/bruises that are slow to heal Weight loss - even though you are eating more (type 1) Tingling, pain, or numbness in the hands/feet (type 2).

My symptoms:
Pain and tingling in just my legs, I don't get numb.
I don't urinate a lot, I haven't lost any weight, I haven't been thirsty
I'm 17 and 5'5 150lb   

I honestly don't know much about this, it scares because I don't want die or anything from something, and I've been to the ER and too many times and I don't want to look crazy..
Bookmark and Share
The sun will shine tomorrow I promise, it will be okay.

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of diabetes, please help
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 01:39:21 PM »
You DON'T have diabetes.  My husband has it and before he was officially diagnosed he was telling me he was ALWAYS thirsty, drinking about 3 times the amount he usually drank and that he'd have to urinate REALLY bad all the time, even during the night he'd feel like he was going to pee his pants!
And you wouldn't get any nueropathy unless you had diabetes for years, untreated - it takes years for it to damage your nerves and eyes.
(and you don't die from diabetes anyway, it's a "disease" that you manage or that you get rid of by lifestyle change)  You don't have it anyway.  NO symptoms!
Bookmark and Share