Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Fearing Ovarian Cancer..need reassurance.  (Read 230 times)

Offline candaceb816

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fearing Ovarian Cancer..need reassurance.
« on: March 02, 2014, 10:02:18 AM »
Last year around this time I was CERTAIN I had breast cancer...I don't, but now my fear is Ovarian Cancer. I have irregular periods due to PCOS. They've actually been pretty regular in the past few months. However, I've been noticing that sometime I feel pressure (hard to explain, this is probably the best way) in my stomach.

Therefore, I'm convinced that it's a tumor. I constantly press on my stomach go see if I can feel anything but I can't. I am overweight and a lot of my weight is in my stomach (unfortunately :(. )

Idk what to think. I'm seeing my gyno on March 10th for my annual, and I'm scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fearing Ovarian Cancer..need reassurance.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 01:25:07 PM »
I'm sure everything will be fine. 

Last January (2013), I started to have this aching pain in my lower right abdomen right where my right ovary would be.   I went to my regular doctor and he said he didn't think it was anything serious and prescribed a stronger dose of Aleve. 

Well, the pain went away but then over the summer it started back up and more constant.  I was terrified!!  We moved to another state and I established myself with a new doctor.  She thought that it wasn't anything serious, too, but suggested I have an abdominal u/s done along with an internal pelvic u/s just to ease my mind.  I did both and they came back normal.  My ovaries looked fine and they could see nothing that was cause for an alarm. 

Would you believe that after having months of that constant pain in my lower side it completely vanished as soon as I got the results that everything was normal?  It was almost as if my mind was creating that pain.   Very strange.

Try not to worry and I know how hard that is.  I really think everything will be fine.  Please update after your appt.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline candaceb816

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 05:06:23 PM »
Thanks for your reply Fam! I've been told that because I'm 22, it's very unlikely. I don't have any pain, it just feels like pressure...I'm something is there, but then again I feel like I'm very good at letting my mind play tricks on me!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 06:52:17 PM »
You'll be fine. I went through the same thing. Turn out I was constipated.  :goofy:
Bookmark and Share

Offline candaceb816

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 08:41:06 PM »
Well that's a relief! I have been lately actually!
Bookmark and Share

Offline halesy

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 11:16:36 PM »
I get really scary pelvic pains pretty much every time I have my period. One time last october my boyfriend actually dragged me to the ER because the pain was so intense!! I got the full run-through (Ultrasound, CT...) and they found absolutely nothing. As embarrassing as it is to admit, I think i just really needed to use the bathroom, after all that :) So i wouldn't worry at all!
Bookmark and Share
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tags: