Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: very lonely and sad today  (Read 145 times)

Offline anxiousbrian

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
very lonely and sad today
« on: March 02, 2014, 08:00:38 AM »
Sorry for moaning but i am not doing well today or yesterday.Been on 20mg fluoxetine for 22 days and am ok one day and not the next. Keep waking up worrying .
Today woke up in a cold sweat and feel really anxious.
It is the weekend and i have nobody to talk to or nothing interesting to do and its raining.
Hate feeling like this. I hope the pills start working soon.
I have no real friends close by and feel so lonely.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: very lonely and sad today
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 08:20:25 AM »
Hi,

Sorry to hear about the down day . . . sometimes meds do work that way . . . it is frustrating especially the physical symptoms . . . then when the weather seems to be conspiring to encourage anxiety, well, I can relate to how you feel . . . glad you came by to check in . . .

Is there nothing that might be something you would like to do? Catch a movie on the Internet (I always watch the free Hercule Poirot youtubes with David Suchet as a diversion) . . . .

I think meds take a while to build up in your system . . . you say that one day is good and one day is bad . . . so perhaps the med is building up but has not yet reached the level to give you a continuous set of good days . . . . because you are are having a difficult time in distracting yourself, you are probably focusing on the bad of the bad day so it is good if you could find something, anything to do . . . I know this sounds pretty lame, but when I am like that, I set myself really small things to do . . . like make the bed or hang up my clothes . . . anything to distract me and give me some sense of accomplishment . . . .

Have you checked out to see if there are any community based support groups where you could match up with someone to help you and the other person over the rough spots? I know that suggestion doesn't do much for today, but perhaps in the future . . .

I hope that you check in later and let us know how you are doing and, by the way, you can come here and moan any time you want . . . .your community members here have all been where you are so we know that moaning is good . . .it gets it out into the open and sometimes just helps to take down the anxiety and/or depression a couple of notches . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousbrian

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 08:23:53 AM »
Thanks for replying and caring. I will try and keep myself busy
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 08:54:13 AM »
Kc has some good suggestions. The reality these days, as I see it, is that fewer people are in any way prepared to be alone, to develop themselves from inside out. Socialization, social media, visual entertainment, etc. are the order of the day.

Believe it or not, your greatest adventure is in front of you. Learn about yourself, learn to like and love yourself, your own company and discover what interests you. Try the library, look up CBT, try a gym, try meditation. Just some thoughts. We are here for you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: