Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: can anyone relate?  (Read 139 times)

Offline alesha

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
can anyone relate?
« on: March 01, 2014, 04:58:01 PM »
I have been feeling pretty bad lately. My panic has been out of control. I feel like my chest is tight and heavy, almost like I have a chest cold but I dont. It hurts under my ribs and breasts and even in my back.  I have been to the ER recently and bloodwork has came back ok and  chest x rays have been fine. This worries me to no end and does not make my panic any easier. Ive been to the doctor and er so much lately, they probably think im going crazy. Any response is appreciated
Bookmark and Share

Offline starfish37

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: can anyone relate?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 05:54:30 PM »
I know what you feel like.  It sometimes feels like I've been to the doctor so much that it's all snowballing out of control.  Recently, I decided I couldn't handle seeing anyone for a while, or at least that I needed to try someone new with a clean slate.  Your symptoms all sound very much in line with common anxiety symptoms.  I hope you can feel better soon, as I understand how dark the snowballing of health anxiety can be.  Be well.

Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: can anyone relate?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 03:56:15 AM »
I get similar symptoms during intense attacks. It'll be hard to breath, chest will be tight, arms will tingle, etc. I'm glad to say I've gone nearly three months since such an attack! But yea, they're real scary to go through. I've been to the ER and had paramedics come out and check me out several times. That's actually what led me into researching anxiety, bc I tested clear for everything else.

Stay strong, and don't forget anxiety's ability to siimulate a pressing illness. It's just plain ol' anxiety, and it's not nearly as scary as it's symptoms may make you think. Hope today goes well for you Alesha :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: