Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety really bad this morning!  (Read 289 times)

Offline mta214

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety really bad this morning!
« on: March 01, 2014, 09:18:23 AM »
I woke up feeling extremely anxious this morning.  When my day starts out that way, it usually means a difficult day ahead, but I am trying to keep things in perspective.  Things I have done so far to try alleviate my symptoms are:  1) listened to a relaxation download on my Kindle, 2) took the dog for a walk, 3) did a load of laundry and 4) texted a friend.  I am still feeling quite nauseous and anxious, but I'm trying to stay focus a.d positive.   Guess I just need to express how I'm feeling right now.  Not sure if I should contact my therapist or try and wait it out.  Ugh.  Thanks for reading this.

Mary
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety really bad this morning!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 07:54:44 PM »
Hi,

How are you doing now? Were you able to manage it? Are you feeling better? You did loads of great stuff to distract yourself . . .hope they worked . . .if you can, let us know how you are doing . . .KC
Bookmark and Share

Offline mta214

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 07:01:39 AM »
Thanks so much for your reply, KC; I really appreciate it!

Yesterday was pretty bad most of the day.  It is now almost 7:00 a.m. here, and things are pretty much the same.  I don't know why the anxiety is so bad, as nothing is going currently to trigger it.  I don't even want to get out of bed and face another day like yesterday.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 07:54:08 AM »
Sometimes, when we anticipate the worst in symptoms, then they happen . . . a type of self-fulfilling prophecy . . .but, given that you seem to be getting a bit worse . . . you don't want to even get out of bed . . . perhaps you might consider a call to your therapist . . . sometimes, getting reassurance from a professional who knows you goes a long way to alleviating the anxiety and starting you back on the track . . . .I know a lot of folks prefer to weather the storm, so to speak, and that is okay if it works for you, but for me, at least, getting reassurance breaks the anxiety and helps me get back to "normal", whatever that is for each of us . . . again, though, let us know how you are doing . . . by the way, are you anticipating any type of change in your life? It doesn't have to be a big change because sometimes when I anticipate something in the near or far future that can trigger my anxiety even though everything else is fine . . . take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline mta214

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 01:04:50 PM »
I hear ya about the self-fulfilling prophecy, kc.  I thought that by trying to head it off at the pass yesterday despite how I was feeling, it would alleviate things at least somewhat - no such luck.  I think I'm going to e-mail my therapist.  We did have a pretty intense session last week, and maybe subconsciously that is playing a part in how I'm feeling.  Thanks again, KC, for your reply.  It's helpful getting feedback from others who understand!

Mary
Bookmark and Share

Offline Shurl102

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 09:32:29 PM »
It's great that you have such strength to be positve and fight your way through it.  Keep fighting!
Bookmark and Share
Shurl

Offline mta214

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 10:34:22 PM »
Thanks  those kind words, Shurl!  I regret to  I'm still struggling.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Shurl102

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 03:44:17 AM »
I feel your pain.  I usually can't find the strength.  I end up going to bed & sleeping.  Avoidance is my way of dealing with it. You are doing the right things.  Do you take meds for your anxiety?
Bookmark and Share
Shurl

Offline mta214

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2014, 07:01:46 AM »
Shurl, I take buspar for the anxiety, but I think I need to try something different.  Unfortunately, however, my NP is unavailable until my appointment on the 12th.  B-;  I'm waiting for my therapist to respond to the e-mail I sent her late last night.  As KC said, maybe just being reassured and hearing her voice will do much to helping me feel better.  Here's hoping, anyway. :question:
Bookmark and Share

Offline ARose318

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2014, 07:16:08 AM »
Anticipatory anxiety is the absolute worst

I've been dealing with it for the past week and yup - every morning I wake up with anxiety.

It's a hard cycle to break but it sounds like you're doing all you can to manage it!

Bookmark and Share

Tags: