Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hi...Kathy here  (Read 81 times)

Offline blueeyedcarolinamom

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi...Kathy here
« on: February 28, 2014, 05:39:14 PM »
Hello all....I am new to this and adjusting to the fact that I have an anxiety disorder.  I have known for a while that I have an issue with anger.....but I think it comes out as a manifestation of may anxiety.  It has really begun to take a toll on my relationships.  That is my main motivator for seeking help....I hurt those around me.  While my life hasn't been excessively tragic, the last 10 years have been a real struggle for me.  I hope to overcome this and find some peace for myself as well as those around me.  I am not interested in drug therapy and am trying to go more of the self-help route for the time-being.  I figured these messages boards might help me achieve some relief.  Thanks for reading this. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi...Kathy here
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 07:22:57 PM »
hi blueeyedcarolinamom,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum.

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi...Kathy here
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 05:27:30 AM »
You're definitely in the right place. It is possible to cope with certain levels of anxiety without medication. I haven't been prescribed meds for mine, and I do have a few tough moments but it is manageable. I also have vestibular migraines, and do take meds for those. I hope you can find the answers to what you're looking for here.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: