Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can't stop thinking about Abnormal Esoniphils count :(  (Read 229 times)

Offline Hekopeko2013

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can't stop thinking about Abnormal Esoniphils count :(
« on: February 28, 2014, 02:13:29 PM »
There is something high in my wbc and i cant stop thinking about maybe this cause problem to my body and i feel im going to die from frightened feelings i have now , its called Esoniphils count which is 12% and im allergic to foods nor anything , im only suffer nasal congestion all the year and mucus too , also my stool test show some bacterial cells and infection of helicobactra pylori  , my problem is i read before about hyperesoniphilia and immune diseases and thats makes me think im suffer serious problem but all doctors say to me its normal  12 % is okay according to any infection or allergy , can someone search and confirm with me about if high esonphils is dangerous or its happening and what could lead to in future
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can't stop thinking about Abnormal Esoniphils count :(
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 02:40:25 PM »
Hi HP...

The normal Eosinophil count is 1 to 6% (0.02–0.5109/l=1–6%).  So, 12% does show a slight elevation.

As your doctor mentioned, this can merely be a sign of a minor infection or allergic response.

You are obviously concerned about this result, so the best thing that you can do is to discuss your concern with your physician.  A simple retest of your Eosinophil count in a few weeks, might just indicate a normal level.

The very best to you, HP!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline potternut

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 10:12:55 PM »
My daughter was hospitalized at 5 months old with a severe infection in the mastoid bone behind her ear which was so rare that they did all kinds of testing on her, including a complete test of her immune system.  The only thing they ever found was a high eosinophil count which the immunologist said will probably mean that she has an allergy in the future.  Sure enough, she is allergic to milk (although she can have products with some milk in them).

She is now an exceptionally healthy 12 year old with absolutely no effects from that high blood count.  Interestingly enough, the milk allergy has even faded quite a bit although she still avoids milk mostly out of habit and sticks to soy.

It's really nothing to worry about!
Bookmark and Share
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Offline GymShorts

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 06:15:03 AM »
I will give you some advice I got from a psychiatrist when I was waiting two and a half weeks to speak to a doctor about my lungs.

I had x rays taken of my thorax (lungs) as I felt it hard to take enough air into my lungs. The result came back saying I had an emphysematic thorax. I googled it and all I could find was that it was a symptom of COPD or smoker's lungs.
I panicked! My thought were "...but wait a minute, I am 26 and have never tried smoking before and have always been doing sports without any problems - it can't be? or can it?"

After just 4 days I was an emotional wreck so I contacted psychiatrics for help. Here I got the best advice ever when waiting for an answer. My appointment at the doctor was a Wednesday and I was told that whenever I got a negative thought about what could be happening to me, just tell yourself "Wednesday". Say it out loud if you are alone it helps. You cannot know the future or the answer but you will know on Wednesday and as the psychiatrist told me - "If something was seriously wrong with your health, chronic or deadly, they would had contacted you right away and given you that message".
You have to tell yourself that, yes something is wrong but it isnt serious. If it was you would have had a serious talk with a doctor a long time ago.

What happened to me? Well, my doctor told me I was born with a bit larger lungs but that it ranged within the normal. Besides that there was nothing else to point out I gad a very healthy set of lungs. It was all in my head caused by anxiety.

Dont worry and try to follow the advice above, it will all be ok and you're not going to die :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hekopeko2013

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 10:03:53 AM »
Thank you so much for help
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Esoniphils