Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Discharge (TMI, help needed) (IBS, period & cancer fears)  (Read 253 times)

Offline rubee

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Discharge (TMI, help needed) (IBS, period & cancer fears)
« on: February 28, 2014, 02:10:19 PM »
So last week I started getting a bit of blood (out my vagina). It first appeared when I wiped (it didn't like.. come out itself. lol) and I freaked out for some reason, I haven't had a period since December and for some reason this just felt different and I thought I was just bleeding randomly.. to death. Then the next day it started to be a bit more like a period, but still very light. Now it's a week later and the past three days (I think) it hasn't even been like blood, just brown discharge when I wipe that genuinely resembles poop. Like it doesn't look or feel like blood at all. I'm really nervous about cancer etc.. Today I've had some pain at the top of my legs which reminded me of average period pain I get (but hadn't had this week before today.) Also, for over a week now I've had a cough, it was quite bad at first and it's not as bad now, but I have to cough every few minutes to just like.. make my throat feel better. The doctor didn't come out and see me, he just said it's a virus.. But the cough isn't what's worrying me, it's the brown discharge. Also as I put in another post I've 'sharted' (lol) twice this week which has made me freak out about bowel cancer.. I had diarrhoea yesterday but it seems to be better today but I'm scared to eat etc. I'm diagnosed with IBS
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Discharge (TMI, help needed) (IBS, period & cancer fears)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 06:32:56 PM »
Hello there!

I'm a doula, so I know a thing or two about the female body. So you haven't had a period since December? Have you taken a pregnancy test? Are you on birth control? Have you discontinued birth control? All of those things can effect your cycle. The fact that the discharge was brown indicated old blood - perhaps left over from implantation bleeding upon coming pregnant, or after an egg is released from the ovary (ovulation). When was your last pap? If it's been more then a year, why not go see your OB/GYN to have another pap? If anything it'll put your mind at ease. I've worked in an OB/GYN office for many, many years, and let me tell you, what you're experiencing is SOOOOOOO incredibly common, it's unreal. lol. I wouldn't worry about a thing. Probably your cycle trying to readjust.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rubee

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Discharge (TMI, help needed) (IBS, period & cancer fears)
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 04:29:12 PM »
Thanks for your reply :) I went to the doctors the other day because I was so nervous, and I'm having a smear test tomorrow (my first one ever as I'm only 19) so hopefully that will all be okey. Also, the doctor said I have a urine infection. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: