Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Vertigo like dizziness, Spaced out and swaying feeling in the head.  (Read 512 times)

Offline Lewisrowezer

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Guys, I called an ambulance because of this yesterday. Iv'e been getting so much vertigo like swaying dizziness lately, i'm not sure if it's "the next symptom obsession" or something unfixable. Iv'e felt so spaced out and my head just feels so weird, I feel off balance but I don't fall to the floor. I seriously need some back up with this - does anyone else get it? It gets to the point where I just literally can not stand it. I'm OBSESSED with this, and all other anxieties. I have been for over 2 years. It's poisoned my mind, I need some help from someone. Iv'e gone for numerous appointments as well as hospital yesterday and they said theres no suspicion that anything is wrong with me. I just can't accept that - the dizziness won't go away! Please, help me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lewisrowezer

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Vertigo like dizziness, Spaced out and swaying feeling in the head.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 08:55:09 AM »
(This only started to uplift a few days ago)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lewisrowezer

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 02:08:51 PM »
Bump, will no one reply?
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 02:10:34 PM »
i have the exact same symptoms, so you're definitely not alone in this. it almost feels like i'm rocking on a boat but only in my head? sometimes if i'm reading something my eyes will just suddenly daze out and i lose my concentration. the spaced-out feeling is a frequent one with me as well. i went to the ER once over this and they diagnosed me with labyrinthitis, a very common, benign condition that causes all of the symptoms you described.

the good news is that vertigo symptoms are usually caused by things involving the inner ear. you might have some fluid behind your ears that is throwing off your equilibrium and making you feel like this. sinuses can also be the culprit; anything that doesn't drain out as it should can cause many of these symptoms for a prolonged period of time, even for months at a time.

i know we tend to catastrophize any symptoms that are head-related and assume the worst, but a vast majority of the time, they're only caused by minor things even if the symptoms they produce are very frightening. there are certain exercises online for sufferers of vertigo and labyrinthitis to get your brain used to the movements and to lessen the dizziness. once your brain becomes readjusted, the vertigo slowly gets better. it just takes some work and a lot of patience. easier said than done, i know. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lewisrowezer

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 06:55:53 AM »
Hey! So, I went to the walk-in centre about this sensation yesterday and he done a checkup, ears, blood pressure, etc..He said he highly doubts it's  anything to do with my ears or anything like that which was relieving for the rest of that day, however he did bring up that it's highly likely to have something to do with my anxiety. My blood pressure has been higher than usual due to stress and the fact that I went cold turkey on Fluoxetine almost 2 months ago speaks for itself. I keep getting the feeling but I think I have it a little bit more under control now! Iv'e also noticed an increased tension in my neck, heaviness in my head too! As long as neither the hospital nor doctor are worried about me, I should be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: