Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Someone talk me down please.... my latest fear, pancreatic cancer  (Read 434 times)

Offline halesy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Hey everyone,

So my HA was actually brought on by some digestive problems i started having a few months ago. I would get terrible acid reflux/ heart burn/gas pains/burping/constipation/diarrhea, the whole works.
I had an abdominal CT done in late October 2013 as well as an ultrasound (both in the ER, i went for sharp pain in my side thinking it might be appendicitis) and both came back totally clear.

My digestion issues come and go. For a while i was obsessing over my brain (thought i had a brain tumour) and the abdominal pain/IBS/reflux symptoms seemed to die down. But now today I saw my doctor who told me my latest blood tests all came back pristine. We talked about my anxiety for a bit and then i left feeling pretty good and reassured.

Then on the bus home, literally 20 minutes after the appointment, I felt a sharp pain in my right side, beside my belly button. I've had it for the last few hours. I have gas and reflux again. Also haven't had a bowel movement in a few days despite trying to up my fiber intake.

I'm 20 years old and of course i'm worried that this is all caused by some cancer that's sprung up since late october. My doctor doesn't think i need to do any tests for my GI tract just yet and I do really trust my doctor and like her a lot. I just can't stop thinking that i have some sort of cancer- mainly stomach, colon, ovarian or worst PANCREATIC.

I just hate feeling like this :(
Bookmark and Share
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Someone talk me down please.... my latest fear, pancreatic cancer
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 06:58:43 PM »
They do all sound like anxiety issues ..especially after all the tests and reassurance from your dr...I know the feeling you feel so good for a moment after you talk to the dr and hear good news but then you get home and symptoms still there and all that goes out the window and you back to square one... I can really relate been having my own issues .....but you have good dr and and had quite a few tests....it can never be 100% sure but .....I think you are ok ..just lots and lots of anxiety
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 07:58:07 PM »
Your story sounds like many on here.  On the one hand, all your tests come back great.  On the other, you're convinced you're doomed.  Me included, I'm not just saying this without having first hand knowledge.  I'm willing to bet that you have some sort of food allergy, not necessarily one you can test for.  I had a family member with similar symptoms, and the tests came back clear, but after cutting out dairy she's much, much improved.  Just an idea.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline funnybunny

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 09:09:10 PM »
Unless your bellybutton is in the middle of your chest near your ribs, your pancreas is not hurting. It sounds like you need to use the restroom. When this happens to me, I drink some psyllium husk and wait. That usually does the trick.   :winking0008: You are healthy - your tests say so! Enjoy that and be well!
Bookmark and Share

Offline halesy

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 09:54:24 PM »
Thank you both for your replies . I'm slowly talking myself out of it and the pain is slowly going away :) sometimes I just need to get it out there and be told I'm probably being irrational.
Bookmark and Share
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline halesy

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 11:10:30 PM »
thank you funnybunny :)
Bookmark and Share

― Ralph Waldo Emerson