Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: ladies, issues with cycle?  (Read 140 times)

Offline dontfeellikemyself

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
ladies, issues with cycle?
« on: February 27, 2014, 04:41:59 PM »
Hoping some ladies out there can calm some of my anxiety. Last night I went to the bathroom and saw that I started what looked like my period--pretty normal, heavy flow. The weird thing is, I just ended my last period two weeks ago!! I am 25 years old, not on birth control, but have ALWAYS been extremely regular with my cycles. I am worried that this is pointing to a larger health issue. Any ideas what might be wrong?

I'm always pretty paranoid about STDs. I read somewhere that certain STDS can cause bleeding between periods, but would it be heavy like a normal flow? I had sex about a week and a half ago, but it was protected. Would an STD be causing that as a symptom so soon?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: ladies, issues with cycle?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 04:46:42 PM »
How long was your last period?  I mean you ENDED it 2 weeks ago, but when did it START?   People aren't like machines, maybe that was a 21 day period (because you start counting on the day you get your period, not the day it ends).   When I was about your age I had 40 days between 2 periods (but because I was using a natural birth control where you monitor your cervical mucus and temperature I knew that my ovulation took place on day number 26 rather than around day 14 or 15 or something so I wasn't concerned.  You may have just ovulated real fast this month.  I highly doubt it's an STD!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 29
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 05:05:02 PM »
No, I can't think of any STD that could cause you to have your period early. Most likely (especially given your age), it's a fluctuation in your cycle caused by stress or spending a lot of time around another girl(s) who has a stronger cycle. Weirdly, women's cycles tend to fall into line when we spend a lot of time together. (It makes for a really unpleasant week for the guys.)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 10:24:45 PM »
Could be blood from ovulation. Did it last for a few days or for a little while? It could also be a cyst which are annoying but benign. I would tell your doctor next appt, but I wouldn't worry.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: