Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Back again  (Read 142 times)

Offline kristypants

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Back again
« on: February 27, 2014, 04:08:51 PM »
Ok, haven't been on here for a few years! I had a terrible 5 years with health anxiety and panic attacks.
It is still ongoing but I manage it much, much better.
However, recently me and my husband have been trying for a baby.
I have a few worries and was wondering if anyone can offer advice/experience.

1) will pregnancy provoke panic attacks? As i have already panicked about ectopic pregnancy etc before even being pregnant.
2) will i cope with childbirth? How will i control my breathing/panicking while in so much pain?

Has anyone on here experienced pregnancy/childbirth with anxiety?
I know I sound completely not ready for this but this is the best mental state I have been in since my anxiety started.
Thanks!
Bookmark and Share
How ironic to be scared of death, when what you are living is a form of just that.

Offline hachiko

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Back again
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 12:12:06 AM »
well i have a 5 months old baby girl and i was hypochondriac my whole pregnancy and it got worse with the baby... during the pregnancy the anxiety was not so bad because you get to see the doctor often so i would tell her about my fears and she would try her best to reassure me :) Of course, i would be scared to die without seeing my baby because of some disease, i would be scared to find a disease while pregnant and not being able to get treatment and so on....

After giving birth the anxiety got worse because it is stressful to take care of a newborn. On the other hand, you don't have much time to be anxious because you have another human being to take care of... so even though i would worry and cry sometimes because i was afraid to die of some disease.. i would care for baby and try to forget about it. I think the anxiety gets worse with a child because you are so afraid to not be there for them... I never expected to feel this way but i do.

Also, during and after the pregnancy, your body is very weird and does weird things.. so that does not help...

Even though i was stressed during and after the pregnancy about my health, i did not prioritize this feeling because being pregnant and having a baby is so special! I tried and still try to fully appreciate it :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristypants

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 08:31:37 AM »
Thank you for sharing your experience.

I think this is something that I will just have to wait and see how I deal with it. The birth is the scariest thing for me.
Bookmark and Share
How ironic to be scared of death, when what you are living is a form of just that.

Offline hachiko

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 10:05:09 AM »
I had a hard c-section... but remember, you will have doctors and nurses to help you and your husband! I was totally freaking out, i was in a lot of pain, i was a mess during the c-section!! and yet, no matter how bad you freak out, you get a tiny baby! and that totally calmed me, i hope it will for you too.

And if you are scared about anxiety attack during childbirth, talk to your doctor. Maybe they can give you something to calm you? and you can take the epidural if you are scared to be in pain :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: