Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Im seeking help for anxious thoughts that I feel like are killing me  (Read 148 times)

Offline Josie_182

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello and thank you for reading this. I really hope someone can offer me friendly advice because I don't know that to do.
Well, most of my anxious thoughts of the past few days have been directed at the one thing that's the most important to me... my relationship. I love my boyfriend, I know that I do. I know that I am physically, sexually and emotionally attracted to him & I've NEVER had a doubt in my mind about him. I can go on and on about how he's the perfect boyfriend. But the last few days I've been suffocated by these anxious, stressed out thoughts about our relationship. They make my stomach turn and fill me with guilt & sadness. After each horrid thought, I think about my life without him and I break down into endless sadness. I feel so guilty all the time for even thinking these. I want him more than anything, why is my mind doing this to me? I want these thought to go away. It hurts so bad yet I cant stop thinking about it. My heart wants one thing, but my mind is killing me and I want it to end before my relationship suffers.

Reader, has this ever happened to you? When you KNOW your feelings, you KNOW what you want but all these negative thoughts fill you with horror, guilt, sadness and doubt? What do you do about it? I can't live with this feeling, and I need my boyfriend in my life. I need help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sadieboo

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Im seeking help for anxious thoughts that I feel like are killing me
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 03:55:58 PM »
http://powerstates.com/10-cognitive-thinking-errors#.Uw-ktH-9KSM

While dating my husband I too suffered from intensely painful thoughts. After marriage I continued to believe the most irrational things. Everyday I truly thought he would die driving to and from work. I thought if I didn't keep a perfect house he would hate me. My husband is the kindest and most understanding person I know, so I knew it was ludicrous, but it felt so real! I've found medication, and cognitive behavioral therapy help tremendously. Reading the cognitive distortions help me to work my way out of my viselike thinking. For example, I saw that I was "fortune telling" when I thought my husband would die everyday. I can't tell the future!  :happy0151: it was such a relief to be able to let that go!
I hope this helps. There are a lot of research out there on cbt. I hope you get the help you need   :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline blueeyedcarolinamom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sadieboo

That was a very, very helpful link for me as well.  I actually ordered Mr. Burns's book.  I was amazed at how many of those things on that list that I do.  That made me feel better that I am not alone in that.  Thanks so much.  Each day I am learning so much on my new journey.  I am feeling quite hopeful today. 
Bookmark and Share