Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Articles   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Pancreatic Cancer Fear. Really scared  (Read 358 times)

Offline mikeyc1981

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pancreatic Cancer Fear. Really scared
« on: February 27, 2014, 10:43:45 AM »
So for a couple of months now I have had what is suspected to be a trapped nerve in my back which has caused tingling pain in my right arm and leg. A couple of weeks ago I started getting pains in my stomach. I went back to the doctor who said it was probably a mixture of IBS and a bit of a bug. He gave me buscopan which seems to have helped a bit. He said to go back if no better and they would possibly do some scans. My stomach is feeling better than it was but I'm still getting some twinges. Today the left side of my back has been hurting which is kind of new. Apart from this I'm feeling well but I am so scared there is something really serious wrong, in particular pancreatic cancer. I have recently got engaged and this is restricting my level of celebrating because I'm so fearful that I'm really ill.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MissSteele

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pancreatic Cancer Fear. Really scared
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 11:14:03 AM »
Hi Mikey!  :action-smiley-065: No worries. It is probably just a pinched nerve or something minor. Or, it could just be plain, old anxiety causing these symptoms. I had the same thing happen to me, I was having shooting pains in my back and a numb feeling. It turned out to be my sciatic nerve...it was pinched a little. It's fine now. If you truly had pancreatic cancer, you would be MUCH worse off. It is so rare, the chances of you having it are unrealistic. But, it sounds like your anxiety is really hindering you from realizing this (can't blame you, I've been there) so please just go see your doctor. Tell them you are concerned you have this even though you know you probably don't, and ask if they will run a test for it. The test will come back negative and you will feel much better. Anxiety can cause all of the symptoms you are having! And, it is only getting worse because you can't stop thinking about it. You are fine. You really are.
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 12:35:39 PM »
Hi Mikey!  :action-smiley-065: No worries. It is probably just a pinched nerve or something minor. Or, it could just be plain, old anxiety causing these symptoms. I had the same thing happen to me, I was having shooting pains in my back and a numb feeling. It turned out to be my sciatic nerve...it was pinched a little. It's fine now. If you truly had pancreatic cancer, you would be MUCH worse off. It is so rare, the chances of you having it are unrealistic. But, it sounds like your anxiety is really hindering you from realizing this (can't blame you, I've been there) so please just go see your doctor. Tell them you are concerned you have this even though you know you probably don't, and ask if they will run a test for it. The test will come back negative and you will feel much better. Anxiety can cause all of the symptoms you are having! And, it is only getting worse because you can't stop thinking about it. You are fine. You really are.

How did your Sciaticnerve pain leave MissSteele?

And to the op, can you feel this area on your back like a tender area, because it could also be a trigger point
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dragi316

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 01:06:31 PM »
I know how you feel. I was doing good with my anxiety then I started getting upper stomach pain and itchiness all over body. Freaking out I have Pancreatic cancer too and it didn't help by having a certain young member state he had been diagnosed with it recently.  Though it was questionable if he was telling the truth. None the less the fear really sucks
Bookmark and Share

Tags: