Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Something is living in my ceiling!  (Read 162 times)

Offline Radiant_Nebula

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Something is living in my ceiling!
« on: February 27, 2014, 10:03:46 AM »
I have recently been suffering from a really bad rabies phobia. Well, last night (about 11pm) I heard a bunch of noises and a very distinct squeaking. My cat came running in and looked at the spot where the noise was coming from so I know that he heard it too. I couldn't tell if it was coming from the cupboards or the wall so I called my boyfriend in to let him know what was going on. He told me to go and take a shower and relax because I was shaking so bad. When I came out he told me that there wasn't anything in our cupboards, we couldn't actually see anything any where in the apartment, and we have never seen any kind of droppings. He did, however, hear something scurrying between our two adjacent walls.

Since I have such bad anxiety of course I had to stay up as late as I could and listen to it. I heard a lot of scampering, sometimes squeaking, and what sounded like something rolling around and fighting. I can only assume that it is a mouse living in our walls/ceiling because I don't think a bat would make those noises or as much noise as that was. Plus is was -2 degrees out and I'm pretty sure a bat wouldn't be awake through that cold. At about 2am I went to bed and couldn't fall asleep at all because I cant get it out of my head that we have bats and one came into my apartment and bit me!

On top of my rabies fear, I also have a giant phobia of mice. One time I had to leave all of my furniture in a storage shed and when I moved it into the new place and opened my dresser there was a nice little family of mice all curled up in my ripped apart clothing! I spent months throwing stuff out, cleaning up mouse poop, and disinfecting everything. I was stressing about hantavirus the whole time!

I just cant help thinking that there are bats in my walls and that I got bit by one. I want to just rush to the ER and get rabies shots right now but I sincerely doubt that insurance would cover that since I never really saw a bat actually in my apartment. My anxiety is running so high right now!

Oh! And we are calling our apartment manager today to let him know what we heard but I doubt they will be too quick. I keep thinking I will die of rabies before they find anything!
Bookmark and Share

Offline totallyphobic

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Something is living in my ceiling!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 08:34:48 PM »
I sent you a message I hope it helps.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: