Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Getting off Zantac -- How long does the rebound effect last  (Read 553 times)

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Getting off Zantac -- How long does the rebound effect last
« on: February 27, 2014, 07:42:00 AM »
I've been taking 300mg of zantac (prolosec before that)  every night for more than 14 years. I have trouble digesting everything and decided to get off zantac with the help of digestive enzymes, probiotics, apple cider vinegar, and lifestyle changes.

I cut my zantac down to 150 about a week ago and my indigestion is horrific. I know that there is a rebound effect afterwards. How long does it usually last? Eventually I want to cut it down to zero but I'm not going to do it if my indigestion doesn't improve.
Bookmark and Share

Offline M.Edwards

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Getting off Zantac -- How long does the rebound effect last
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 08:30:47 AM »
I was on high doses of PPI's for a few months before dropping down to Zantac.  I went to 75mg of zantac for a few weeks before stopping.  My acid rebound lasted for a couple of months but gradually got better.  My stomach was really messed up due to anxiety and trying many different antidepressants that made it  worse.   I took digestive enzymes and probiotics and also drank this stuff called GI Revive that a naturopath gave me.  Some people don't get rebound at all and some say it last a couple of weeks.  My doctor told me to eat very healthy, no uncooked vegetables because they are hard to digest and drink lots of water.  Good Luck to you, it will get better but sometimes it feels worse than when on the meds for some. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: zantac