Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Dizziness?  (Read 105 times)

Offline ARose318

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Dizziness?
« on: February 27, 2014, 06:47:09 AM »
Small background - healthy 31 year old with a 1 year old daughter. No known medical issues.

On Sunday I woke up and immediately the room was spinning, to the point where I had to steady myself by placing a hand on the wall. It went away within a few minutes but left me with a severe panic attack. I took a klonopin (prescribed for anxiety) and calmed down. I have felt off since Sunday. My head feels super heavy/pressure, almost constantly lightheaded, exhausted and constant mini panic attacks almost out of nowhere.

This morning I woke up and bam the spinning hit again for a few minutes and now it's slowly fading but the panic attack is in full force.

I called into work and am going to call my Dr once the clinic opens. My aunt is coming to help me with my daughter as my husband is at work.

I'm not sure if this is true veritgo? The pressure in my head feels like sinus pressure but I have no signs/symptoms of a sinus infection. I do hack up mucous every morning though - but no other symptoms and I haven't recently been sick. I am not sleeping very well, my daughter has been up at least 3x per night lately so I'm getting little 3-4 hour spurts of sleep so I'm sure that isn't helping.

Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Dizziness?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 07:17:13 AM »
I find if I have lack of sleep, I can feel unsteady. My ENT physician told me that typically
dizziness is caused by inner ear issues. If you have allergies, a cold, etc. all can cause
dizziness. The ENT is the best physician to see for dizziness as that is their specialty.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline ARose318

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 07:22:08 AM »
Marc

Thank you. I don't have a cold or allergies which is why I'm so confused as to why this is happening. I do have pressure in my head but I have no sinus/cold symptoms whatsoever.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 07:29:04 AM »
I had dizziness that  lasted for around a couple of months. I could not get up suddenly from a
lying or sitting position or move suddenly in bed. I went to the ENT and was diagnosed with
benign positional vertigo. He said sometimes the crystals in your inner ear get messed up and
your brain needs to adjust to this shift in the inner ear crystals, but it eventually does adjust.
It did get old however.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 09:21:27 AM »
Isn't that horrible?   I was sitting at the computer last week - actually answering someone's post here!   :laugh3: And I got SO dizzy I was holding onto the arms on the chair for dear life!  And it just went on and on and on!  Usually it lasts about 2 or 3 seconds, this must have went on for about 30 seconds (that's a LONG time for horrible spinning) - I told my mom (she's been getting dizzy since I was a teenager and I'm 55!) She asked me if I closed my eyes and I did - she said the doctor told her NEVER close your eyes when that happens, makes it worse!  (Did you close your eyes?)  She said to focus on something in the room.  THAT kind of dizziness is usually caused by the middle ear - a piece of wax stuck to the eardrum or something.  After I was OK I put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in my ear (since I have no cold, didn't have one in over a year, have no allergies or sinus issues I assumed it was wax).  That is supposed to dissolve any wax.  It never happened again, so I guess the peroxide worked.  YOURS sounds like benign positional vertigo because when not spinning you can feel lightheaded and just "off" - with what I had I was totally fine when it was over, no residual lightheadness. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: