Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: North Texas doesn't like me :(  (Read 122 times)

Offline AndyDroid

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
North Texas doesn't like me :(
« on: February 27, 2014, 05:29:57 AM »
Hi, my name is Andy, I'm 28 years old and I "live" in the North Texas area. I say "live" because I don't feel like I've been doing much of that. I am a born and bred Texan and I have lived here for most of my life, but due to anxiety I've never been able to make friends, at least not locally. I am officially diagnosed with Avoidant Anxiety Disorder but these past few months I have been treated with medication that is really starting to help me to break out of the prison of anxiety and I find it a lot easier  and more comfortable to talk with people. The problem is that I really don't have the skills or bravery to approach a total stranger and try to befriend them or ask them out on a date, how does that even work? For the past ten years I've been trying to use the internet through various different websites to meet people in the area (I prefer to get to know them a bit online before meeting in public) but I have not had a single success so I thought I would come here and try sites like these where I might find more people like myself who maybe are even having similar problems. The weird thing is, I have had more success with making friends far away, and I cherish my long distance friends, but I still feel alone with having nobody to go anywhere with. I think that ideally I'd like to find a group of people who have common interests and might be willing to welcome me into their fold.

I'd also be happy as well making more friends on here from far away, so feel free to message me if you want a new friend or need somebody to talk to. I love having deep, meaningful conversations as opposed to bland small talk. I'm not really that shy, I'll talk about anything you want, and I promise to write back. :)

Here are some of my interests:
Philosophy
Anything weird or mysterious
Comic Books, specifically:
-X-Men
-Batman
-Wonder Woman
Science Fiction and Fantasy
Weird Science
Animals
Writing
Doctor Who
Game of Thrones
Video Games
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: North Texas doesn't like me :(
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 09:32:35 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.

Seems to be 10 posts to enter the room at the moment.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline AndyDroid

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 02:53:39 PM »
Thanks for the advice Cuchculan, I appreciate the welcome. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 05:36:04 AM »
Welcome fellow Texan  :action-smiley-065:

I live near Houston myself. Hope you're well today and that you can use this forum to help overcome or control your anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mta214

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 08:52:49 AM »
Hello Andy and welcome to the forums!!  I'm in NY, so obviously a long way from Texas, but I'd be willing to communicate online if you'd like.  I hope you find what you're looking for.  I'm glad that you are starting to feel better.  That is encouraging to read!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: