Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Going crazy with all this pain:)  (Read 181 times)

Offline Sunl8k

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Going crazy with all this pain:)
« on: February 26, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »
I have had anxiety for about 11 years now. I'm 36 and have 3 kids. I have to function for them and I try to hide it from them. I have gone through many different symptoms of anxiety but right now it is the constant pain, burning in shoulders, arms and neck. The tension is so tight it is hard to move. Causes legs to be weak and arms. I hate this and would almost welcome the racing heart and vomiting again:(
I get worked up just thinking I have to go somewhere and with kids that is everyday. Has anyone had this and any suggestions on how to help it. I am supposed to be taking celexa but haven't starred it again yet because it makes it so much worse until it evens out. Which is a month or so. I hate taking Meds but know I may have to soon because this is ruining my life. I get so tense it makes me dizzy:(
Any suggestions would be great. My husband doesn't understand how bad this is so its hard to talk to him about it. Everyone says "oh, I have anxiety" but I don't think they understand how bad it can get.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Going crazy with all this pain:)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 05:59:27 AM »
Let us consider it as muscular pain. Because most times that is what it can be. I would have a word with my doctor. He may give you something aimed at helping with such pains. They have got medication for muscular pains. Might be better to ask and find out rather than suffering the way you are.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 08:39:47 AM »
Hi Sun, I can empathize with you, I have been suffering with the same thing for a few years now.  Tense, tight, burning pain in my back, shoulder blades, trapezius muscles, and neck.  I know it probably all started because of anxiety, but now I get it before the start of that time of the month.  It is sometimes so bad I feel like coming out of my skin or screaming.  I have wondered if it is fibromyalgia, but I've never been examined for that, so at this point I have to assume it is tension from anxiety.  My doctor gave me the name of a massage therapist, (I haven't gone yet) so massage may give some relief.  Pain relieving medicine, heating pad, soaking in a warm tub, resting, relaxing, finding some healthy ways to burn stress like exercise, all these things help.

Take care :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 10:10:50 AM »
When one has stress and anxiety in their life the muscles tend to spasm and tighten.
I have trigger points that cause referred pain in other locations.
It could be a result of the muscles not being able to hold the tightness any longer.
It hurts like the dickens.
I have fibromyalgia and have for almost 23 yrs. It is painful at times especially when under stress (even when you are not aware of the stress).
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunl8k

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 06:17:26 PM »
Thanks guys. Nice to know I'm not alone. Yesterday was bad and today is somewhat better. It is so annoying and the tension makes me have jerky movement. I went to craft with the elders today and they do bead work no problem and I was struggling because the more I tried to get that little bead on the needle the more I shook and burned. I need to exercise bad. We have so much snow here I don't get outside and we are always outside in the summer. I feel like it is doing damage to my body because in always hurtin in some way. Weak in the legs and arms. Sore back and the burning pain in neck and shoulders. I hope I can get past this soon. The tension causes dizzyness so I feel like I am a mess
Bookmark and Share

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 05:12:11 PM »
We have a lot of snow where I am too.
You can do exercise in the house as well.
Walking around is good.
I take an epsom salts bath when I can. It helps with the muscle pain--just to not sit in it for more than 15 or so minutes (it is magnesium and can cause you to be in the bathroom for a long time)
Look into getting a microwaveable heating pad put it on the aches when possible.
Bookmark and Share