Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling hyper and weird after alcohol?!  (Read 102 times)

Offline _rai

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Know Jesus, Know Peace. :)
    • Poke This Member
Feeling hyper and weird after alcohol?!
« on: February 26, 2014, 08:03:02 PM »
Hey guys i am wondering if this is normal but I feel weird. We drank beer last night with my family, I didn't drank too much maybe just about 2 cans.. Then before I slept I had weird thoughts.. Like it's not mine. I feel high too.. Like I am not myself.. Then right now I just woke up, I still feel weird. Weird and racing thoughts.. Feeling high..
Are these because of alcohol? I don't think I drank too much.. Any
Suggestions would be great. Thanksn
Bookmark and Share
She didn't know who would leave or stay. So she pushed them all away.

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 51
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling hyper and weird after alcohol?!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 08:13:46 PM »
Chances are the alcohol triggered these symptoms . . . often, folks with anxiety, depending on their individual circumstances and if they are taking meds, do not tolerate any amount of alcohol very well . . .my suggestion is that after this experience just not to drink .  . . it's a tradeoff decision . . . would you rather drink and have these symptoms or not drink and not have the symptoms? If you don't get symptoms other than when you are drinking, then I would take a guess that the alcohol is responsible . . .it may take a while for (1) the alcohol to clear your system and (2) for your system to reset itself . . . if you are on meds, check with your pharmacist or your doc before mixing meds with alcohol . . . right now, the best suggestion I have, unless your symptoms are intensifying, is to stay hydrated, do some mindfulness to help calm your mind, and let it pass but, again, if the symptoms intensify or you are not getting past this episode, do check in with doc . . . when you can, though, let us know how you are doing, okay? Take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline YoloGirl31

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 12:21:38 AM »
Alcohol definitely can affect any meds you may be taking. Is that a possibility? If not maybe you lost count of your drinks  :spineyes: as long as your symptoms don't last, and don't reoccur next time you drink, you should be fine. However alcohol and different types of alcohol can affect each person differently. With me beer I'm good, wine I feel silly, mixed drinks most are ok. But I stay away from clear liquor for the most part as I find I tend to get upset easier. Shots of any kind and I will wake up feeling funny in the AM too! Also when you drink they say to have a glass of water with each drink. Don't know if that helps, but might be worth a shot, take care
Bookmark and Share

Online Benadryl

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 12:30:59 PM »
Hey there,
I personally struggle with this all the time. I agree with the previous posts, I think the alcohol is to blame. Also if you never have alcohol, two drinks can be enough to give you the effects. And did you eat a lot? I know that can add to the symptoms. I would just stay away from alcohol. I'm trying to do the same so good luck!

B
Bookmark and Share

Tags: