Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New here, severe anxiety tension  (Read 96 times)

Offline Sunl8k

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New here, severe anxiety tension
« on: February 26, 2014, 03:22:56 PM »
I have had anxiety for years now. Go through good and bad times with it. Different symptoms cause more anxiety. Right now I am so tight with tension my whole body feels stiff and burns. I'm 36 and have 3 kids. I put up with it for the kids, I don't like Meds but am thinking its time to go back on something. Does anyone else get to the point it hurts just to move and so tight it gives you a tremor?
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New here, severe anxiety tension
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 07:11:51 PM »
Hi Sun,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone. I, too, have experienced much pain and muscle tension from anxiety.  Sometimes it has gotten so mad that it has made me feel flu like and sick to my stomach.  Nothing has ever been found wrong and it alwayc happens at times of high anxiety.  The symptoms are very real and painful, and I know how hard it can be to accept that they are just anxiety.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline Sunl8k

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 08:47:43 PM »
Thank you! ;). I can't wait to read some things. Nobody understands how terrible this can be! So glad I finally joined!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 09:08:52 PM »
Tension and stress can produce some terrible anxiety symptoms. Try your best to let your neck and shoulders go slack and relax. Camomile tea helps, tastes bad to me but it does hep me relax. There's also scalp massaging. Anxiety doesn't always have to include meds, there's ways to relax without em'. It's just a matter of what works for you.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunl8k

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 08:09:28 PM »
Thank you. I will try the tea. I am trying to relax but then I feel a pain and here comes the anxiety. I know it is stupid. I have so much burning in shoulders and neck and arm that I keep thinking blood clot. Need to get my mind on other things!!! I did crafts with the elders and was fine until my legs got weak. I wish it was nice out so I could go walking!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline NinjaKitty

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 03:31:09 PM »
Thank you. I will try the tea. I am trying to relax but then I feel a pain and here comes the anxiety. I know it is stupid. I have so much burning in shoulders and neck and arm that I keep thinking blood clot. Need to get my mind on other things

Hi there sun, the burnign your experiencing i have had it too in my hands arms neck and back..... it was anxiety, Im 33 yrs old and every single morning i would wake up burning it would gradually ease off during the day, i can understand your worry.

Have a look at the anxiety symptoms list link it might put your mind at ease also try posting in anxiety issues etc you will definitly find at least 10 people who experience the same symptoms. chat is always good for emergencys if you want a quick reassurance.

Welcome to AZ and i hope you find the support you need xx

Kitty
Bookmark and Share
Currently surfing the anxiety waves!!
Current Meds
5mg diazepam 3xdaily
45mg mirtazapine at night
10mg Nitrazepam nightly
sumatriptan (doses vary)
Naproxen 300mg 3 x daily
Buscopan 20mg 4x daily
Lanzoprozol 30mg daily
Trazadone (dose varies)

Offline Dudeyys

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 11:19:30 PM »
Welcome, I'm sorry you are feeling like this. You are certainly not alone. Anxiety can be so crippling and painful for me. I hope you find some relief in the right meds soon.
Bookmark and Share