Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My story and symptoms  (Read 218 times)

Offline playmaker093

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My story and symptoms
« on: February 25, 2014, 11:35:32 PM »
I apologize in advance for a long post.  Ah, so it all started last December of 2012 when I had a random panic attack.  I had never suffered from anxiety or health anxiety ever, and got short of breath during class one day and freaked out.  I went to the doctor who told me it was most likely due to me recovering from a virus and not to worry about it.  So i did.  How i long for the times when I took the advice of doctors.  Anyway, I went about two months without any anxiety and then I started getting headaches around the same time my grandpa was diagnosed with cancer.  I had never had these type of headaches before, and as the inquisitive kid I am, googled it.  To my horror, it said pressure headaches was a leading symptom of brain cancer.  I went upstairs to tell my mom, and had a panic attack that left me shaking and a heart rate near 200 for 45 minutes.  This led to about three months of constant googling, convincing myself I had every cancer and missing about a month of school.  Fast forward a year, and I have continuing symptoms daily and panic attacks that I've somewhat gotten use to.  I go to school every day, play sports, hang with my friends every weekend, and lead a seemingly normal life.  None of my friends know I have this dreaded anxiety.  But I am miserable.  Every moment I am worried about my health or impending death due to feeling sick.  I have symptoms every day, and nearly every minute of every day that leave me constantly anxious.  Here's my continuing symtoms

High Blood Pressure (at doctors office only)
Full body itchiness (only in my shower for some reason)
Constant sinus issues,
Facial tingling, pressure
Headaches.  Mainly temple area and back of head
Stiff back and neck
Tightness in throat
Feeling like something is stuck in throat
Upper abdominal pressure
Chest pain, in middle of lower chest
Shortness of breath, feel like I can't get good enough breath
Burping
Overall feeling of panic

I've developed these bad habits as a result of anxiety
Concious of nearly every breath I take
Constant yawning
Popping my sternum
Taking my pulse
Prodding my body

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Bookmark and Share

Offline playmaker093

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My story and symptoms
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 11:43:49 PM »
Forgot to mention heart palpitations, and I've had a swollen tonsil for over a year.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 12:06:54 AM »
thats terrible to here and you are obviously quite young...all sound liek anxiety.....have you had a read of the list of anxiety symptoms on first page....every one of your symptoms is on there........
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 12:42:54 AM »
Really does sound like anxiety to me as well. My symptoms were similar, not as severe, but anxiety can do some evil things to your body. You have to realize that anxiety, stress, and tension go hand in hand. It also loves to mess with your stomach, causing reflux. They all react with one another to cause a multitude of symptoms that easily imitate those of more serious ailments. Doctor's aren't as easily fooled as us though,the proof is in the blood, and your interaction with the doctor. They look for telltale signs of serious ailments that even our anxious minds miss.

Rest assured, you're likely just fine. Stop, take deep breaths, and relax your neck and shoulders. The more tension you release, the better you can control the anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worry2Much

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 04:05:52 AM »
I could of almost written this myself. My anxiety seems to come in waves. The past week or so I have been ok. Started taking probiotics been changing my diet and started to feel better for the most part. I have had one swollen tonsil for the last 6 months.
The past week or so I have been getting these painful headaches that have actually woke me up during two random naps this week. They hurt worse while laying down but ease up when I sit up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline halesy

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 11:31:00 AM »
I relate to every single one of these symptoms and fully get where you're coming from. I actually had a CT scan done in emerg because my headaches were getting so bad and always in the same spots (temples and back of head, just like you!)
anyway my CT scan came back totally clear and the doctors told me not to worry. I'm FINALLY starting to get over my fear of a brain tumour (but of course now it's other things, lol :S)

Things that have helped me slowly get better:
1)dietary changes (as someone mentioned above) have  really helped stomach problems/IBS/constant burping. I was also put on Omeprazole for acid reflux for a little bit and that has really helped.
2) counselling of some sort- i'm a student so can't really afford an actual therapist but there are services on my campus that have really helped.
3)tell yourself over and over again that you are young, healthy, and the chances of something serious stemming from these vague and benign symptoms is very very VERY low. and every symptom you mentioned can be attributed to anxiety :)

You will get through this! We're in this together.
Bookmark and Share
“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tags: