Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Infection from cavity  (Read 138 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Infection from cavity
« on: February 25, 2014, 05:58:38 PM »
I was wondering if I should be worried about developing an infection from a cavity that I have on one of my molars.  I have had this same cavity for over 2 years now.  It started out as what I thought was just a spec on my tooth because it wasn't getting any larger.  Well now it has grown, but the cavity itself has remained the size that it is now for quite some time now.  Any way, the reason I am worried is because there is already a filling on the tooth that that cavity is on.  The cavity is to the left of the filling, and it feels large, but when I look in the mirror, it doesn't look as large as it feels.  The cavity itself doesn't look horrendous, but I just worry what will happen.

I have heard that if something like this happens, then they have to take the filling out and do a bunch of other stuff to it as well.  I'm just scared that I might swallow some of the mercury, or they have to pull it, etc.  Or I possibly have an infection or will develop one.  If I forgot to mention the cavity is on the top of the tooth, and doesn't reach the sides at all or touch the filling.  It's almost like a perfect circle on my tooth.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ceh1354

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
    • Poke This Member
Re: Infection from cavity
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 07:33:59 PM »
I'd see your dentist. Just because you can't see how big the cavity is or only see a little black isn't an indication of the size of the cavity. It could be underneath. Don't flip out about mercury or an infection, just go and get it filled again. But don't let it go because cavities don't get "better".
Bookmark and Share
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devilís schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 06:32:57 PM »
I'm definitely going to get this looked at once and for all.  I just worry that it will have to be pulled and that something will happen to me when they pull it.  I've heard of people getting wisdom teeth removed and dying during the procedure...that scares me.   :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 11:56:23 AM »
Uuugghh I just went thru this. I actually had the infection, needed the tooth pulled, then got another infection from the pull sight! Its been an awful few weeks. But my point is, even if u get an infection, its easily cleared up with antibiotics. As for the cavity itself I would get it either filled or pulled just to avoid discomfort. I wasn't meaning to scare you with my personal story, but mine is atypical and I just had that 1 in a million experience, and also to point out that even with all I went thru, I'm still alive and ok, because I trusted my dentist...i know...easier said then done!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: