Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is it my gallbladder or something more sinister :)  (Read 659 times)

Offline aec711

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Is it my gallbladder or something more sinister :)
« on: February 25, 2014, 01:10:00 PM »
So...for the past 2 weeks for so I have been having mild right upper quadrant (abdomen) pain that comes and goes.  But now it is into my back and moving lower but still on the right side.  I have decided that it is my gallbladder - although I have been very constipated TMI - which I think could be from all of my anxiety lately.  I have also had 2 attacks of sulfur tasting burps/diarrhea in the last year, so I kept thinking my GB was going bad.  Anyway, has anyone had gall bladder issues - and what were your symptoms?  Thanks :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline aec711

• Poke This Member
Re: Is it my gallbladder or something more sinister :)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 01:11:15 PM »
And of course I keep thinking that it is probably breast cancer that has spread to my liver or colon ca etc... I wouldn't care too much if it was only my GB - although I would rather not have surgery lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline kjoyce

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 04:58:45 PM »
I can't offer you much advice but I thought I'd reply cos I have liver/gall bladder worries too. I also get pain in upper right quadrant and my doctor thinks it's because of fatty liver. Needless to say, I don't really believe him!
Anyway, try changing your diet and see if the pain goes away. Liver friendly diet is really easy to follow and it's super healthy.
Hope you will feel better soon  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.

Online Slangevar

• Rec's: 28
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 05:03:10 PM »
I had that, too... for YEARS!  I still don't know if it was my gallbladder, liver or colon (you can absolutely feel colon spasms up there). 

I tried an experiment with my pains: I followed this diet: http://www.gallbladderattack.com/gallbladderdiet.shtml  and tried the Beet Recipe at the bottom.  After literally two days, the pains stopped.  I made the beet concoction every time the pain flared up... maybe three more times... and every time it went away in a day or two. After that, it stopped entirely. I haven't felt it in a couple of years now.

That said, in the meantime, I've also gotten some control over my anxiety, I'm exercising more, drinking more water and I've gone on PPIs for acid reflux, so I have no idea if it was the diet/beet mixture or the other stuff that cured the pain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline aec711

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 08:04:46 PM »
Thank you both for your replies.  I want to change my diet to see if it helps - thanks for the link.  I will do it right away :)  I know a lot of people deal with this problem - it is just annoying - and then of course my HA runs away with all kinds of horrible thoughts lol. Thanks again!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline susiehow

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 10:05:52 PM »
I actually had gallstones and my gallbladder removed in 2012.  I had right upper quadrant pain right under my right rib. With pain in my right shoulder blade.  I also had occasional vomiting from this as well. When I was diagnosed (i had to wait for the surgery date)I changed my diet to nothing fried.  My doc said if it has a drive threw.  Keep driving. Drinking organic non strained apple juice (it has sediment on the bottom of the bottle)  really helped too. After I got it removed I continued to have pain.  Actually worse.  Which helped lead to my hypochondriac state.   But lots of chiropractic, message therapy,  and anxiety meds later it was found the cause of the pain after the surgery was muscle spasms from anxiety. So... Try the diet.  Get a ct scan and see if there are gallstones but if not don't rule out anxiety.   It does crazy things to our bodies.
Bookmark and Share
Sue

Offline aec711

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 10:48:27 PM »
So, I am an xray tech and while at work tonight I had a friend of mine that is an ultrasound tech scan my gallbladder - and then my liver, pancreas and thyroid just to see lol.  I was so nervous, but finally did it.  All is clear.  Looks like I just need to use the bathroom LOL - gross I know.  I do think that problem could be brought on by my anxiety though. Ugggg...
Bookmark and Share

Offline lulululu

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 01:15:46 PM »
I have that! the last few years it will show up, usually after eating - pain in the upper right quadrant. Sometimes its to a point that i vomit just to get relief. never last more than 8 hours or so. But I dont think its worth going to the doctors for, cause it never lasts very long. im glad you're ok :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Monty

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 07:16:57 PM »
I have experienced this too. The upper right quadrant of my abdomen but I now feel it up and down my right side and a little in my back. Just a minor dull ache that has bothered me for the last few months on and off.  I haven't been getting too anxious over it but it's annoying. I'll try the diet and see if it helps.  I already eat gluten free so that's a start. Did you end up changing your diet? Did it work?
Bookmark and Share

Offline aec711

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 09:53:50 PM »
Yes!  I changed my diet and things are so much better - I could totally be all mental lol, but either way the pain has gone for now.  I also had pain that would go up and down my right side at times.  So either way, I cut out almost all fatty foods - a little each day, but not a bunch of junk like I had been eating. Cutting the fat out oh, and pop/soda and I feel a lot better in that aspect :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Monty

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 08:37:38 PM »
That's awesome! Hope you stay well! :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: