Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hi- 20 year old soon to be college drop out  (Read 111 times)

Offline flowerchild456

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi- 20 year old soon to be college drop out
« on: February 25, 2014, 02:53:42 AM »
Hi, Im currently in my 2nd year of college. I am a smart person, I went straight to university from high school. I did the whole Honors/AP thing in high school. and now in my 2nd year of university i can not handle things anymore. whenever i have as assignment i convince myself i cant do it. i have panick attacks. and i am currently and the 2nd half of my quarter. if i do not get a c average I will be kicked out and i unfortnetly do not thing i can earn a c average. I know i more than capable. but all of this pressure and all of these thoughts and fear dont let me live my life. i feel like i have no friends. i rely so much on my so called 'bf' that he will abandon me in the middle of a panick attack just because he is annoyed by me. I do admit it is not right to burden him with my problems to the extent that i do. but i am so hopeless and scared for my future

I have an essay due in 1 day and I have not started. I thought i could do it. but when it came to time to work on it my anxiety jus shot through the roof. I feel to much pressure. I can not see the point of doing it. I waited to long to start. I dont know where to start. there is no point. I want to fail. i dk why.

I hope i can find a friend to talk to on here as i have no one in real life.
I am so lost and alone
:(
Bookmark and Share

Offline januarybloo

• Just Joined!
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi- 20 year old soon to be college drop out
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 06:29:17 AM »
Hey there. I know exactly what you're going through. I dropped out of college this past fall because it was beginning to become unbearably stressful. My panic attacks were so severe Id pull out chunks of my hair and claw at myself until the skin bruised. It was just a god awful mess, and as much as I didn't want to drop out, I just had to. And it ended up being a good decision! It gave me room to breath, and although I still attend therapy and take medication my anxiety has subsided a great deal. College isn't always the right choice for everyone. Personally, I don't think it's a bad idea to take a few years to yourself and learn to grow as pesto before you decide on what you want to do with your life. Take some time for yourself: travel, expand your horizons, seek help if you feel it would benefit you, and just have fun. Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.

As for your boyfriend, don't take it too personally. Our anxiety issues may be hard on us, but I wouldn't doubt that it's even harder on our loved ones. I imagine it can get frustrating when a person doesn't know what to do or how to help and it just ends up making everything worse in the end. Some people are more equipped to handle certain things than others.

Hope I was able to offer some good advice. Keep your chin up, things will get better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 06:40:15 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline 96shan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 06:54:38 AM »
Anxiety and depression is something you wouldn't wish on your worse enemie!
Bookmark and Share

Offline babagun00sh

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 10:17:54 AM »
I know how you feel. I'm in my final semester of college and it just feels so overwhelming along with my depression and anxiety issues. I had similar issues during my senior year of high school that caused me to miss almost half the school year. My only advice is to do what is right for you. There's no "right" time for everyone to go to school, if they do at all, and you can even go back when you're older if you wish.
Bookmark and Share

Offline amfristo

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 10:55:07 AM »
Hi I understand where you are coming from, fortunately I will graduate in May and i am hoping that will help relieve some of my anxiety, good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline doowop

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 08:05:18 PM »
Hey flowerchild,
I read your post and I just wanted to say that you will definitely find some support from this site. It has really helped me and I'm sure it'll help you too. Even if you have to drop out, it's not the end of the world. You can always go back. I think you'll find through this site that there are a lot of other people in the same boat or that feel the same way. It'll be ok, so hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 09:19:54 PM »
Flowerchild I had a similar issue, my last semester of college is actually when my anxiety hit me enough to affect my life. There was no ryhme or reason to it, and I still don't understand why it hit during a relatively easy semester, when I had completed the difficult courses the prior year without any anxiety. I wish I had advice to get you through, but I barely made it on my own. If it wasn't for being able to watch courses online, I don't think I would've passed my final semester. Anxiety does seem to favor intelligent minds.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: