Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I seem to experience anxiety over philosphy  (Read 136 times)

Offline newgrass

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I seem to experience anxiety over philosphy
« on: February 25, 2014, 12:20:58 AM »
I understand this to be intrusive thoughts. Whenever I hear people talk how they view life and the world I get anxiety. If a person says they find life pointless I get really bad anxiety and project the feelings onto myself. My negative side seems to control the part of my brain that causes me unease. I want to like life, I have fun all the time, so much I love about life, but the nihilism scares for some reason. I feel completely opposed to it but part of me fears that it is real, and that really doesnt make any sense.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: I seem to experience anxiety over philosphy
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 05:35:43 AM »
Life is what you make it. Always remember that. It is not what others think. If they want to be negative about their lives that is up to them. Let them be. Form your own opinions and stick to them. If you asked me the meaning of my life I would ' me '. Just as the meaning of your life would be ' you '. It is what we do with that life that shapes things around us. If you are a positive person I am sure this will reflect in your life. Just go with your own thoughts on life. Leave others to their own opinions. If that is how they wish to think, let them live a negative life.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 08:46:21 AM »
The good part here is you can decide to expand your outlook on life, decide to explore some philosophies, attitudes about life. A mighty big, interesting subject.

The trouble today, as I see it, is that expectations are mighty distorted. Big smiles are paraded in front of us ad nauseam with big, bleached teeth glaring at us. Life is not a bowl of cherries, it's a mix across a wide spectrum. And you have the chance to learn, to strengthen your confidence in your own judgment. You can teach us too.
Bookmark and Share

Online CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 12
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 10:24:42 AM »
I think there is a lot of meaning to life, the people who say there is no meaning have not found it.  As Tina said, the media portrays life in a very materialistic, self-centered, shallow way, focusing on outward appearance more than inner strength/beauty.  But, the meaning of living in the world is pretty obvious...'the bottom line', sex sells, good-looking things, materialistic things, although none of these things bring true fulfillment or happiness.  The true meaning could be found by recognizing those traps that the media puts out, and not getting caught up in such wastes of time, do the total opposite.  Not keeping up with the Jones's...etc.
 Finding beauty in nature, learn the meaning of life by watching animals, their natural instincts are a wonder to behold. The meaning of life.....to me is, being a happy, good person despite the negativity around me....be good to people--all people.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollagan

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 10:31:01 AM »
The negative does seem to outweigh the positives in life. But you have to control your thoughts on whatever negativity you encounter. You get to choose to be happy and not let the negative get you down ;)
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 08:04:21 AM »
Yes, Yes, we get to choose and that's where philosophy can enter. The questions we face have been around forever.

Enter all religions. Now Buddhism is not a religion, necessarily, but a mighty fine philosophy. Good for the mind, good for the soul. Chases anxiety away, esp. if we find our friend, meditation.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: