Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Question for Abilify and/or viibryd users  (Read 155 times)

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Question for Abilify and/or viibryd users
« on: February 24, 2014, 07:22:02 AM »
I'm on 20 mgs of viibryd and 2.5 mg of abilify. It's really helping with the anxiety!

However I had a question about side effects. I sleep for about six hours, then wake up. Depending on the time of the month. I won't be able to go back to sleep. (Or on the weekends, i can wake up for an hour and go back to sleep.)

This has changed for a higher dose of viibryd and the abilify. I found that I wake up. Then I have a period of time until my alarm goes off where I dream, wake up, sleep, dream, wake up. I could have a 3 or 4 dreams in this cycle. I know both meds affect dreams. I take them both in the morning.

Those who have taken it, does this go away? This is the only bad side effect I am having.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 103
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question for Abilify and/or viibryd users
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 04:39:48 PM »
Those who have taken it, does this go away? This is the only bad side effect I am having.

Both meds can alter neurotransmitter balances during sleep which can produce a range of effects such as yours. Sometimes this settles down after a while, but for a few it lingers. You could try taking the meds in the evening, beginning with the Abilify, though I can't guarantee it will make a difference.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: