Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello, everyone!  (Read 75 times)

Offline Wyvern

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello, everyone!
« on: February 24, 2014, 06:46:14 AM »
Hello. I am Wyvern(of course, that's not my real name but I'd like to stay anonymous  :happy0151:), I am 17 years old and I suffer from anxiety. It's mostly hypochondria, but also some other things can trigger anxiety attack for me, for example thoughts of war or natural disasters. I was scared for my health for a year or two, but it didn't become an issue until 2 months ago when I had my first major anxiety attack. My heart started pounding and I had trouble breathing and I thought I was getting a heart attack. I panicked even more because of that and it just got worse. When it stopped, I was obsessively thinking "What if it happens again? What if I die?" And those thoughts were in my head almost constantly. Then I got minor attacks over and over again and I always thought something was wrong with my heart, and I searched the internet for it, and I found a lot of things like Arrhythmia and some other dangerous medical issues. But that's not it. From the result of anxiety attack I also got muscle pain sometimes, and stomach pains, and with Google I "diagnosed" myself with a lot of serious issues and each time I thought I was gonna die for sure.
Then, a week ago from today, I had an anxiety attack again. I wasn't feeling well, it was probably the worst one I had so far, and I told my mom that I am not feeling good, and, being on the internet few minutes ago, I researched and found out the symptoms for high blood pressure, and it turned out I felt all of them. I told her to measure my blood pressure and she did. It really was high. I was laying in bed and it didn't go away. After a while my parents decided to take me to the ambulance. The doctor examined me and she said I have a high pressure, then when she examined the heart she said puls was 100, no arrhythmia, no heart issues. I was shocked, because I knew my heart wasn't ok. She then sent me to an EKG tomorrow morning and over there everything was fine too, except blood pressure. I also got my blood checked and everything was fine there, too. That's when I searched about it more on the internet and then I found out that there's this thing called anxiety disorder. And that's what explained it all. I realized that all those symptoms I thought I had were all the results of my obsessive thoughts and what I had experienced was all just anxiety attacks.
After I found out what it is, it has become much easier to deal with attacks, even though I still can't prevent them from happening. But I still freak out when even a smallest thing happens to me, like a headache or muscle pain or whatever. Since I can't do it alone, I decided to join this forum and meet people that have the same issue as me and hopefully I can feel more relaxed and it would be easier for me to cope with it. ^^
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lost_Loki

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
  • Laugh it off
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello, everyone!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 07:28:28 AM »
Hi Wyvern! Welcome aboard!

Bookmark and Share
The amount of happiness you have is equal to the amount of freedom you have in your heart - Thich Nhat Hanh

Offline Tld.

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 07:39:13 AM »
Hi. Welcome :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline BrookeAshley1

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • I may not know where I'm going but I'm on my way.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 10:36:17 AM »
Welcome to the forum :)

I hope you find this site a great resource to help you with your anxiety.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Giving up is always an option, but it is never my choice.

Tags: