Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So many symptoms, but no answer  (Read 303 times)

Offline Connor94

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So many symptoms, but no answer
« on: February 23, 2014, 02:41:40 PM »
I have had health anxiety for a while now, and i feel that it was caused by a sinus problem that never got better. For 9 months now i have had so many different problems and changes with the way i psychically feel. I have had blood tests, an endoscopy, and countless checkups. My doctors say theres nothing wrong with me besides whatever is going on with my nose and throat (could be a reflux or something in my environment irritating my sinuses). But how do you believe that there is nothing wrong with you when you wake up EVERY SINGLE DAY feeling awful. My stomach has been bothering me so much for a week now. So many cramps and bloating and gas. Im sore all the time, I lack energy all the time, my head hurts often, I feel dizzy often, and my chest is tight most of the time. My heart is always skipping a beat (i had an EKG done not long ago, everything was fine). I feel at least one of these things but usually more everyday, and lately the stomach problems are getting almost unbearable. I know that if i go back to the doctor though they're going to look at me like i am crazy and tell me that it is all in my head. Maybe it is, but it is really hard to believe when the psychical symptoms are so bad. I have talked to a psychiatrist before and he wants me to try zoloft, but the idea of trying something that has so many side effects makes me even more anxious. I just want to get to the source of the problem, which to me is something wrong with my body. So i guess what i'm asking advice for is should i go back to the doctor or should i try to convince myself that this is all because of my anxiety? Thank you for reading.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So many symptoms, but no answer
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 03:26:51 PM »
Oh my goodness I feel your pain. I wake up every morning, no energy, fast heart rate, headache for 2 weeks now, butterflies in my stomach...blurry vision. My doc thinks sinuses and anxiety, but of course I feel like there is cancer running thru my whole body. I'm sooo tempted to go to the e.r and demand a brain scan and blood work...these issues are consuming my life!! I guess we have to trust somewhat in our drs.....i do have a feeling my issues could be side affects on meds I'm on but who knows.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Connor94

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 05:48:46 PM »
Oh my goodness I feel your pain. I wake up every morning, no energy, fast heart rate, headache for 2 weeks now, butterflies in my stomach...blurry vision. My doc thinks sinuses and anxiety, but of course I feel like there is cancer running thru my whole body. I'm sooo tempted to go to the e.r and demand a brain scan and blood work...these issues are consuming my life!! I guess we have to trust somewhat in our drs.....i do have a feeling my issues could be side affects on meds I'm on but who knows.

The more people i see that are going through the same thing, the more i think that a lot of it really is in our heads. I feel that if i could just get myself to be distracted with positive things in life, i wouldn't notice it all so much. Everyday i feel that i might die, but i never do. I have been trying to just ignore the feelings of doom but it is very hard and frustrating. Maybe a hobby would help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jenin

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 01:18:24 PM »
oh wow, it does make me feel better to see there are others like me!  I feel terrible basically every single day, with an array of symptoms that changes somewhat but always has me convinced I have some kind of cancer or some other terrible thing (although cancer is always my biggest fear).  Today for instance I have abdominal pain (lower right side), runny nose, lump in throat, neck pain.  The abdominal pain is new but I frequently have digestive problems, and can't remember the last time I didn't have a runny nose. I also usually have a sore throat.  I can never figure out what is wrong with me but it takes such a huge toll on my life because I can't stop thinking about this stuff while I'm working, googling, talking to my husband who at this point just laughs when I have a new ailment to tell him about,  even though I really do feel bad all of the time.
Bookmark and Share
Jenin

Tags: