Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: overmedicated??  (Read 223 times)

Offline nancyga13

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
overmedicated??
« on: February 23, 2014, 12:22:19 PM »
Sometimes I think I may be overmedicated??? Atenolol 25mg 1x a day...klonopin 1mg 1x a day, paxil 30mg 1x, and Seroquel, at night...it seems like it!!! :sprachlos020:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Abraham2007

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
Re: overmedicated??
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 01:05:16 PM »
As long as you are following the direction of your doctor, you should be fine.  If you were taking a list of medications without your doctor's supervision, I would call you overzealous or over your head, because psychotropic medications  are too risky to mess around with in dosages and in quantities, if you aren't medically trained on how to use them.

Just to shed some light, I take two pills of my antidepressant, one pill for Wellbutrin, two capsules of 1200mg fish oil (omega three), two capsules of ginkgo biloba, one supplement for Vitamin D 5000mg, and a liquid iron supplement mixed in juice.  I take them every morning and trust my doctor that I need these pills.  If I get really stressed later in the day, I also take a Klonopin or Ativan.  If my anxiety causes a skin reaction with itchiness, I also take hydroxine.  One could say I have fruit loops every morning/afternoon with my pill/supplements, but I don't see it that way.

I am just over-intelligent that I know these pills are necessary for me to function up to par - at least that's my perception of how I choose to see my own use of medication.  ;D    And for people who judge me negatively for taking a large number of pills every day, I say they are over ignorant for not understanding my medical problem.   :yes:
Bookmark and Share
Quacks prey on us Anxiety Disorder sufferers as part of the Mental Health community, since we can be desperate for healing.  Don't be victimized, instead be EDUCATED about  QUACKERY!!!!! http://www.quackwatch.com/ 

Online insights

• Rec's: 91
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 05:44:22 PM »
Sometimes I think I may be overmedicated??? Atenolol 25mg 1x a day...klonopin 1mg 1x a day, paxil 30mg 1x, and Seroquel, at night...it seems like it!!! :sprachlos020:

Increasing the Paxil dose may allow you to then drop both the Atenol (assuming you're taking it for anxiety and not high BP) and Klonopin.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline nancyga13

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 07:53:47 PM »
Yea just the heart rate!!!
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 91
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 08:17:49 PM »
Yea just the heart rate!!!

Then it would still be worth upping Paxil to see if you could then stop the Klonopin. It would be better to discontinue it on your own terms and not be forced into it in the future by a benzophobic doctor you may want you off it within a few weeks.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: