Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: A Complex set of circumstances...  (Read 289 times)

Offline dannysmiles19

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
A Complex set of circumstances...
« on: February 23, 2014, 12:20:38 AM »
I have come to realize over these past few years that I have had intricate processes that have shaped my mental health today. I don't know everything about mental health and how it declines for people...

I don't really have all of the answers...but I have instincts...I have convictions...I have awareness...mindfulness...I know myself when I can think with clarity...

and I know that the process that goes into mental health ailments and disturbances are real...biochemical...psychological...ge netic...environmental...stress related...familial...and other dimensions.

I have had a goal...ever since I came down with more severe depression...that goal was to achieve wellness to a point where it's basically remission from any sort of mental health obstacle...

and I have come to the conclusion over a period of years that it is a very complex work in progress... and it comes with learning cause and effect...stressors...thinking patterns... I know in my heart and in my mind that I have limitations. Everyone has limitations and they can't take these limitations away...they can't stop the disposition towards mental health conditions...I firmly believe that social anxiety, depression, anger....these sorts of things are not my fault...not fully anyway. I don't know when I will feel well...I don't know when I will feel....alive....I don't even know the true underlying reason behind my sensation of suffering...it's not just a sensation though. I am suffering from depression, that's something I know I suffer from...and I also feel there's a duality to my struggle.

I think my well being takes multiple approaches...because I am not well...I am not in good spirits...I am not Danny right now...I am miserable inside....and I want this to get better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: A Complex set of circumstances...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 09:45:44 AM »
Wanting to get better is actually great.  :action-smiley-065:
Sometimes when we're depressed we imagine 'better' or 'well' to be 'perfect' of a sort though, so there's a fear of not acknowledging the steps we've already made/ the progress we've already done. Or we tend to wait to feel 'well', while life passes us by.
As we discussed before, I took my ideal image of how should I feel with me and started the journey while still feeling kind of crappy. I can be miserable at home or on a trip, right? I can be depressed at home or in a spa, true? I can get panicky in my own bed or in an art class, no? Action before motivation.
As I've said before, with your thinking and will, I think you'll become the person you wanna be. Just don't seek perfection, it does not exist  :winking0008:.
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: A Complex set of circumstances...
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 11:32:04 AM »
We are such complex, almost mysterious beings. Think of all I've explored over a lifetime, to arrive at a place of acceptance. Some of us are more prone to depression, etc. due to any or all factors that you identify. There is no panacea that I ever discovered.

It takes constant effort, constant attention. It can be an interesting trip to self-knowledge, self-understanding, commitment, realization that there will be down days, but also good days. Meditation and exercise and journaling are big for me. They rest on all the shrinks and others I've read, even my time reading and posting on a valuable self-help site such as this. Don't get discouraged, keep at it and you'll be happily rewarded.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: