Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: swallowing issues, especially eating  (Read 84 times)

Offline jasn88cubs

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
swallowing issues, especially eating
« on: February 22, 2014, 09:28:53 PM »
Does anyone have trouble like swallowing? you really arent having trouble but you think you are?

sometimes at work when im talking to my customers i get it in my head that i cant swallow. i always feel that i need to be drinking water so my throat will be wet.

when i go out in public and eat i feel like i wont be able to swallow my food, like i have to force it down.

my throat is fine though its all in my head. anyone else suffer?
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: swallowing issues, especially eating
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 10:00:03 PM »
Hi Jasn...  Welcome to Anxiety Zone...

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Difficulty swallowing is a common anxiety symptom, Jasn, especially during panic attacks.  And I have had this symptom, both during panic attacks, as well as when my anxiety (GAD) is severe.  When I initially encountered problems with anxiety, some four years ago, my first symptom was trouble swallowing at restaurants.  I would have to excuse myself, go to the restroom, catch my breath, and calm down.  I had no idea what was happening.  I now know that those episodes were indeed, small panic attacks.

So, I can not just empathize with you, but certainly sympathize as well.

Again, welcome to Anxiety Zone, Jasn.  The very best to you!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Tags: