Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Pain in the upper back when I am breathing in  (Read 348 times)

Offline alexa884

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pain in the upper back when I am breathing in
« on: February 22, 2014, 12:42:55 PM »
I had a flu and coughed a lot since a week ago, productive cough. I coughed less and less everyday and now the cough is almost completely gone. However, last night I felt mild pressure on my chest no matter how I would lay down, the pressure would not impair my breathing at all but it just felt like discomfort. After a few hours since I woke up, the pressure in my chest is still there and I also have a new symptom: a pain in the upper part of my back, when I breathe in. I do not feel the pain if I breathe into the lower part of the lungs, you know the stomach kind of breathing, only when I inhale into the upper chest. I am a bit scared of this, so I wanned to ask everyone, what could this be? Should I be concerned? Is this yet another panic attack symptom?
Bookmark and Share

Offline So worried

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pain in the upper back when I am breathing in
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 07:34:52 PM »
Maybe you pulled a muscle I alway thought if it was anything bad you had a temp!! But I'm not a doctor I would go, they will listen to you're chest and see if it's clear then you can put you're mind at rest. :)
Bookmark and Share
No more google for me!!!!

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 07:38:21 PM »
You could still be in recovery from the flu and cough. When our bodies undergo illnesses (especially the flu) you your body is doing everything it can to fight off the bad. I remember last time I had the flu my entire back ACHED excruciatingly. The back is a very big muscle group of the body and requires a lot of time to recover, maybe up your potassium for a few days and see if that'll kick the symptoms.

I know if I ever strain my back or twist wrong at my job (outdoor construction type work) it'll take weeks to stop hurting, I'd often come home and lie flat on the floor to try and ease some of the feeling.

I hope you get to feeling better.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline AH1990

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 10:35:52 PM »
I get what I'd describe as the exact same thing. It is usually from straining my back or pulling a muscle. If it is unbearable, get it checked, but I have a bad back and get exactly what you described.

- Andrew
Bookmark and Share
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. - Thomas Edison

Offline alexa884

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 10:52:51 PM »
Funny you mentioned the potassium, for a few days now I have this huge appetite for eating bananas (and I did eat a lot of them). My back hurt for 2 hours and then I took a paracetamol, and it stopped. I don't cough anymore, but there is still a spot somewhere inside of me (I assume in my lungs somewhere) where I feel there is still something to be coughed out, but nothing comes out if I do cough. That is also strange to me, is there something that needs to be expectorated or not? If I try to cough it's a dry cough now. But I don't feel like coughing.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: