Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: i have no idea why i get these sensations  (Read 192 times)

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
i have no idea why i get these sensations
« on: February 22, 2014, 10:17:22 AM »
i randomly feel like my hand is going numb then its normal, i get wierd feelings on my scalp like thats tingling or going numb and then its gone... i feel depersonalization especially at night its like im paranoid inside even when eating dinner, i feel completely nervous, i feel out of my body, all i end up doing is laying down and going to sleep because i only feel good sleeping. this has been worse for the last few days... random tingling tight or numb feeling sensations on my head arms or hands have been freaking me out lately.. my neck is bothering me so thats not helping... and the feeling at night the last few nights AFTER I have taken my xanax.. (so i shuld be fine until i go to bed) not freaking out an hour later .. it has to be something worse than anxiety its driving me nutts
Bookmark and Share

Offline TarheelBabe1980

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: i have no idea why i get these sensations
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 01:20:36 AM »
I hate these sensations, I really do. With me, I always worry about passing out or having a seizure. Never had a seizure and the only times I have fainted were from getting blood drawn. Totally different feeling but like you, I still feel nervous and generally "lost in space." I lay in bed alot over the weekends because my symptoms dont bother me as much in bed. I can reassure you that I have had bloodwork and even a brain MRI a few years ago when this garbage began, and all was well. Both my neurologist and my psychiatrist think most of it is anxiety with a small migraine component thrown in the mix. Might be worth trying some migraine preventatives?
How long have you been on xanax and what dose? Possible tolerance issues going on by chance?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Slangevar

• Rec's: 29
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 01:42:05 AM »
I know people who have seizures... the aura they describe is apparently a very distinctive feeling that none of us have. We have anxiety. I had the same symptoms, too, and like TarheelBabe1980, recently had an MRI that showed no evidence of anything.

Btw - check out the side effects of Xanax... it may actually be contributing to your feelings.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 04:13:02 AM »
Man I've been feeling the exact same things lately, see my post in the  GAD forum. It's got pretty difficult to convince myself that it is anxiety, despite the overwhelming evidence and test results that indicate that anxiety is exactly the problem. Some days I sit here not knowing what to think... should I see yet ANOTHER dr? What if there's something waiting to be found? (Despite the imaging and volumes of bloodwork I've had done, I still doubt... )

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced anxiety has a unique capability of wearing us down, or waiting us out. It bombards our senses and nerves with a multitude of unique sensations that can imitate the worst ailments. It confuses us, makes us doubt, and tries to reduce our self control. For an invisible disease, it sure packs a helluva punch.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TarheelBabe1980

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 05:04:47 AM »
http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/76/1/1.2.full

This is a super long and somewhat complicated article on "Migraine-Anxiety-Related-Dizziness."  I am posting this because I seem to remember some of you guys also complaining of dizziness and possible MAV diagnosis, correct?  Years ago, I would have never thought anxiety could ever cause vestibular dizziness, but apparently, I was wrong.  Not sure if this particular discrepancy comes up in that article, but some doctors differentiate between MARD and MAV. Apparently, those with MARD are typically pre-disposed to anxiety, complain more of "disequilibrium" and lightheadedness, and the triggers for their symptoms mimic classic anxiety (i.e. being in crowds or places where escape is hard).  Folks in the MAV group tend to have more migraine headaches and auras, more spinning vertigo, and often show clinical signs that something is wrong, like falling down, vomiting, or abnormal balance tests.  It isn't always that clear cut, but it somewhat helps to narrow it down as best as possible for treatment purposes.  More than likely, someone with MARD would respond best to cognitive-behavioral therapy and/or antidepressants.  MAV--probably anticonvulsants and such.  Well, either way, they are both benign (but annoying) conditions, treatable, and thankfully, more research is being conducted.
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 08:36:11 AM »
I have never fell, fainted, or had a seizure. Sometimes I am walking and I need to like lean against the wall or a table or something as if im going to tilt over. Im 26 not 91 with bad knees, like what the hell? lol. I just dont like the feelings of this spacey, fogged,lost,lightheaded,heavy headed, pressurized feeling in my brain/head/skull whereever it may be. I feel all of those feelings. And the small moments of sheer panic that come and go in bursts are being awful lately too. I hope my quitting smoking has amplified everything for a few days. Also I am on 0.5 mg of xanax 2-3 times a day. I used to take like 1 mg 5 times a day but I had to cut that down or it would have gotten out of control.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TarheelBabe1980

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 10:49:27 AM »
Congrats on quitting smoking by the way! Yes the quitting may have caused you to notice your symptoms worse lately but that will eventually ease up. Also, probably a good idea that you dropped the xanax dose too. :)
Yeh I feel like stopping in my tracks or sittting down when the sheer panic strikes, but the fact we dont literally hit the floor after all these years is reassuring we dont have something serious. :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: